She Deserves It

(Your POV)

"Okay, uh... Seven, do you wanna take a shower or something?" Mike looked down at me as soon as Eleven let go. I nodded my head and stood up, letting my hand slowly trail out of El's. Dustin gave me a reassuring smile. "Well, that's the bathroom. You can go ahead and get in the shower, I'll get you some clothes to wear and toss them in for you, okay?" He pointed to the bath.... Room and ran up the steps to get clothing for me.

(Dustin's POV)

Seven walked towards the bathroom after Lucas followed Mike upstairs. She trailed her hand on the doorframe and around the doorknob. She slowly opened the door and gazed around inside the bathroom. I took a step toward her and giggled a little, "Do you know how to use a shower?" She turned to me and shook her head. Will told me he had to leave soon, so I said goodbye and he went upstairs as well, leaving just me, Eleven, and Seven. Ha, their names rhyme.

"Want me to show you?" I offered, walking into the bathroom next to her. "Yes." She smiled sweetly and stepped aside. I knelt by the tub and placed a hand on one of the shower knobs, "You turn this one to the right to make it hotter, and this one to the right to make it colder. Then pull this up to make it come out of the shower." I turned on the faucet to show her, but she jumped at the noise of the water hitting the tub. "No, it's fine. It gets quieter when it comes out of the shower." I explained to her. "Okay, so... Do you get how to use it now?" She smiled and stepped aside so I could leave, "Thank you." I gave her a reassuring smile as I walked out.

Mrs. Wheeler opened the basement door, and luckily, El was in her blanket fort. "Dustin, what are you doing back? I thought you had to leave." I scrambled for an excuse, "Uh, I forgot something and came back to get it!" I fake smiled at her. "Well, I just called your mom, you'll have to stay here tonight, there's gonna be a storm and your mom doesn't want you on the road." "Oh uh, okay, thanks Mrs. Wheeler!" She smiled and nodded, then shut the door again.

I sat on the couch and immediately heard the sound of the shower being turned on. Oddly enough, it was pretty satisfying that I taught her how to use something she'd never seen before. I started wondering what other things she'd never seen or experienced. Had she ever seen a movie or read a book? She'd definitely never played D&D. Mike and Lucas walked back down into the basement, and Mike handed me a pile of clothes to give to Seven. They switched their attention to whatever show was on TV as I approached the bathroom. "Seven? Here's some clothes for the night." Without thinking, I opened the bathroom door, and saw her in nothing but underwear. She looked like a deer in headlights. I felt blood rush to my face as I threw the clothes on the floor and slammed the door shut.

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygod OH MY GOD!" I huffed, pacing in a circle with my hands on my head. I feel so gross and pervy. UGH. "What?" Mike asked, watching me walk around aimlessly. "Dude..." I sighed "What?!" Lucas snapped. "I just walked in on Seven half naked.... AGH."

"Did you look?"

"Of course I didn't look!"

"Why didn't you knock?"

"I wasn't thinking!"

"You never think!"

"Shut up, Lucas!"

I face planted into the couch to hide how much I was blushing. I rolled onto my back, "But Mike, she had scars." I heard the couch cushions shift, "Wha- what kind of scars?" The couch shifted again, they were both staring at me, waiting for an answer. "Lashes. Like she was whipped or something." My heart sank, I couldn't begin to imagine how much pain she must've endured. "Did you know about this, El?"

Her voice came from the blanket fort, "Yes. We were all hit, Mike." I sat up and saw El peeking her head out of the fort. Mike rushed over to her, "Lemme see, El." I watched Eleven step out of her tent and turn away from Mike. She slowly lifted up the back of her shirt, revealing two long scars on her back that made a huge 'X'.

Time skip to right before you come out of the bathroom >>>

I knocked on the bathroom door, "Seven, you okay? You've been in there a while..." She flung the door open, almost hitting me in the face with it. "Careful!" I giggled, making her laugh, too. Looking at her, I forgot about the scars for a few moments.

She tugged at the collar of her shirt, then looked back up at me and smiled. I hoped that her vocabulary would get better, like El's did, and that she wouldn't only speak in one word sentences forever. If she knew more words, I think she'd have a lot to say. We ended up kinda staring at eachother for a while, until Lucas coughed really loud directly in my ear.

Mike rolled around on the couch, "Do you guys wanna watch a movie?" I turned around and Lucas and I said "Yeah, sure." At the same time. Seven grabbed my arm and turned me around, "What's... mo.. vie?" I grinned and lead her to the couch and sat down next to her, "It's a movie, it's uh... Mike?" Mike turned to me, "It's a video... That uhm..." Lucas snickered and glanced from person to person. I leaned forward off the couch and shoved him. El was playing with Mike's Super Comm and the static was starting to get annoying. Mike drew a blank and looked back to me. "It's a uh... It's a video that tells a story. And there's all different types, there's scary ones and funny ones, there's romantic ones, too."

She scooted away from me a little so she could sit with her legs crossed. Seven smiled, "Thanks. But..." She looked confused again. This was gonna be a long night... "But what is r-r-ro..mantic?" I felt my face heat up and I stared at the floor. Lucas and Mike started laughing at me. There was a low growl from behind me. I shot back up and looked over at Seven. She was growling just like a dog. She stopped as soon as dumb and dumber quit laughing. She went back to sitting like normal and turned to me and asked again, "What is romantic?"

Mike finally got on my side and said "It's hard to explain, let's just watch something."

Another time skip to during the movie >>>>

Mike and El were on one end of the couch, while Seven and I were on the other, leaving Lucas alone in the middle. It was funny how invested Seven was in Ghostbusters. She was snuggled up to my side, hugging her legs up to her chest, resting her chin on her knees. I had watched Ghostbusters a thousand times by now, so I wasn't paying very much attention. Every time something scared her the tiniest bit, she squeezed my hand.

Near the end, the lightening and thunder was really loud, and Seven buried her head in my chest. I wrapped my arm around her and held her tight. I could feel the up and down of her breathing, and her heartbeat against my chest.

Rain began pounding on the roof, scaring Seven even more. She wrapped her arms around me and held onto me for dear life. I patted her back gently, trying to calm her down, "It's just rain, don't worry. It should pass soon." She tilted her head and her
(E/C) eyes met mine, "Promise?"
I couldn't help but smile as she let go of me and nestled up to my side again to watch the rest of the movie, "Promise."

Mike, Lucas, and El had no idea, they had been asleep since the one hour mark. After Ghostbusters was over, I didn't want to get up and disturb Seven, so I let her sleep. After all she'd been through, she deserved it.