Ch.12 Hide-and-Seek with the Government

(Just a note: Marko isn't actually suicidal he just likes taking risks. His personality is just exaggerated. If it makes you uncomfortable, skip his parts. We do not actually support suicide in any way. Nothing is worth taking your own life.)

~~~

As Eme fell straight through the roof, GLITTER scattered, in surprise.

She fell headfirst through the ceiling, and then did a backflip in the air and landed on her two feet, unharmed.

She looked around with her hand placed firmly on her Strawberry ICEE in her pocket.

GLITTER was frozen in shock.

Did Eme just fall out of the sky?

Suddenly, she punched Julia in the face, grabbed Marcus's unconscious body, and dragging it behind her, then ran.

"GET BACK HERE!!!!!!!" Katie yelled, and ran down the corridor, with all of GLITTER following her.

However, as they rounded the corner, the hallway was completely empty.

"Crap." Julia mumbled, rubbing her forehead, which was now bleeding sparkles. (She's still in unicorn form.)

"What now?" Miracle wondered.

"Think we should split up, and try to find Eme?" Seren asked.

"Sounds good." Nneka said.

"It's the only plan we've got." Marko said practically, still absentmindedly drawing on the wall.

As the GLITTER people discussed, they split into several groups:

Julia, Ashley, and Katie

Seren, Miracle, Marko, and Emily

Nneka, Lydia, Luis, and Fanta

Each group set off in a different direction.

Meanwhile, Candy, Staci, and Kendall went down a corridor, searching for food.

Each corridor had at least ten different rooms with five rooms on each side. The floor was a mix with casual tiles and some floors (the ones that had experienced past glitter wars, bombings, or Julia walked through them last week) were completely covered in pink, purple, blue, and yellow glitter. (Some of those glitter wars had gotten a bit crazy *little Jimmy gives us a look* okay very crazy.) They were very dark, with only emergency GLITTER candles glowing, like the rest of the building.

Kendall read the signs on the doors as they walked down the hallway (one of the few not covered in glitter).

Confidential Information Files

(KEEP AWAY FROM STARBUCKS AT ALL COSTS)

Nope, that wasn't what she was looking for.

She walked straight past it.

GLITTER Inventions Lab

(WARNING: HAZARDOUS FORMS OF GLITTER INSIDE)

That's not it.

GLITTER Weaponry

No, that's not it.

Kitchen

(KEEP OUT CANDY, KENDALL, AND STACI AT ALL COSTS)

YES!!!

"OVER HERE!!" she announced, and the group came in. (Seriously! Out of all the top secret rooms they could have been interested in they went to the kitchen. I guess we're lucky that only the hungry Starbucks members are awake.)