/15/

Anakulos

"Perseus Jackson, you have been sentenced to banishment. Accused of treason, you shall waste away in Tartarus." Zeus stated as if reading it off the back of his hand.

"Treason?! My fatal flaw is loyalty!" My voices was weak and cracked near the end of my sentence.

"The Seven have reported multiple signs of mutiny. We fear our safety and the safety of Olympus. For this, we have no other choice but to punsih you." Zeus continued, ignoring my complaints and attempts to reason with him.

Thunder boomed overhead as Zeus rises from his seat.

"Your place on the Argo II will be given to another son of Poseidon. The world will be a safer place without you."

I hung my head, my attempts at redemption futile and waited for the inevitable.

" Ο αγώνας σου έχει τελειώσει. " The few campers present chorused.

I murmured the phrase, but changed a few words, so instead of 'your fight is over', they all heard me say 'your fight has just begun'. A few campers gave my pitiful looks as Zeus took aim with his Master Bolt. My shoulders slumped as I realized something,

I didn't want to die.

Tears streamed down my face as I cried. I didn't want to die. All those times I've been close to dying, the rush of adrenaline stopped me from realizing thhe truth. After everything I've been through, didn't I deserve to live happily ever after? But name a hero who was happy. Name one who actually lived. It was near inpossible.

So as the heavens parted and a downpour started. As Zeus raised his Master Bolt to deliver the fatal blow, I thought back to my happiest memories, and one face in particular appeared. And I heard her laugh. And saw the twinkle in her eyes when I uttered the three words. And I couldn't help the smile on my face when her once perfect lips formed my name,

"Percy?" My arms fell to my sides as I blinked the memories back.

"P-Percy...is that really you?" I heard the tremor in her voice and her hesitance to find out.

My eyes finally met hers and I saw the look in her eyes. The pure hatred for Anakulos slipping away and being replaced by so many other emotions. My feelings for her were gone. I didn't love her. I didn't even like her. But a part of me- the same part that fought with her a few minutes ago -made me walk over to her and wrap my arms around her.

Her small frame shuttered as she silently cried, trying not to let me notice, but I did and my heart hurt.

"It's me." I hated her, but she was my first..everything. I couldn't help it. "It's me."

Line Break

After Annabeth stopped crying, I threw my hood up and made her swear on the Styx that no one would find out.

"I'm coming with you. My friends are with yours and I can find them." She'd already tried reasoning with me thirteen times, and I shot her down each one.

"For the last time, Annabeth-"

"I have an empathy link with Piper. I can find them."

This time though, she would actually be useful. I hung my head and she took that as a sign.