/16/

Anakulos

The door was made of entirely wrought iron. There was nothing to open the door with. No cracks in the sides or under the door. No bolts or anything of the sorts; only a solid doorshaped block of iron stood in the way of me and my friends.

The tingling in my mind intensified the closer I got, and when Annabeth placed her hand on the door and sighed, I knew that beyond this door was my friends.

"They're just behind the door." Annabeth whispered. "But if we don't hurry, they may not last long. Their air is limited, so you better have a way for them to get out."

I stood back and examined the door. If Alethea was here, she would know of any enchantments, but I didn't need her to know that End rigged the door. Nothing of this earth was going to break,  even the combined strength of the gods.

"They'll need air." I flicked my wrist and Altair was loaded in seconds. I shot a volley of arrows in no particular space and they pierced through the door, coming short when Ends enchantments stopped them.

But the light from Leo was pouring thorugh the holes, and the air we were breathing on this side was going through. They were fine now.

"Annabeth, you're usually the one with plans. Make one up." I urged and extended my mind to the Order, or atleast I tried.

A force was pushing against me and I couldn't win, so my conscious came back to me, but I knew that they were there.

We just needed to get past Ends enchantments.

"Anakulos...?" Leo stuttered and I turned to him.

His fiery form spluttered and he pointed a finger back the way we came, where Annabeth was on her knees with a black blade to her neck.

"Finally." End drawled. "We meet."

《●○●》

Leos flame flickered out and I heightened my senses further. Infrared vision was the only thing keeping me alive as End swung his sword. Annabeth was still on her knees with the blade to her neck and Leo was out of sight.

Alekos and Lysander clanged against Ends sword as he applied pressure to each blow. My breathing was hollow and I tried to be as quiet as possible in an attempt to evade him.

"Tell me, demigod." Clang! Lysander fell from my left hand. "When will you see that your attempts are futile? Join me now, and when it is only Chaos and I, you may take Orders place."

"Tempting." I grunted and my fist came in contact with his jaw as I dropped down to grab Lysander. My hand wrapped around the sword and I brought it up with my fist, connecting with Ends chin.

When he staggered back, I honestly thought that I would finally have the upper hand. That was until he laughed maniacally and it felt like something was squeezing at my heart.

I felt to my knees, gripping at my chest, Lysander and Alekos had dropped to my side and all I could hear was Ends laughter and my groaning.

The pressure it my chest made it hard to breath and think straight. My senses were off and I felt the world around me dissappearing. A faint thud on my back told me that I was now lying on the floor, gasping desperately for breath and still clutching my heart.

I was twelve, watching the Minotaur hold my mother in his grip. She disappeared in a burst of golden light and I felt the raw emotions from that day course through me.

Fourteen and holding the weight of the sky, the pain replacing the emotions and I felt my knees buckle.

I felt the water from the Styx scorching my body, my cries were silent because of the pain all over, and I thought I would die.

Now I was back in the land beyond the gods, drowning in the Earth and wondering if I would ever see Annabeth again.

Tartarus came by in a flash and I felt the memories take over my mind, this time my throat hurt from the screams ripping through my body.

Then I was back on the Argo II, watchig my friends betray me. I felt the Master Bolt strike me in the face all over again and just when I thought the agony was enough, I woke up to the sulfurous air of Tartarus.

"Fight it, Anakulos." A voice rang over the sound of my screams. "This is what he wants. What he craves. Fight him, Perseus."

I managed to bring my knees to my chest so I was curled into a ball, my screams turned into whimpers and I lay there, weak. Pathetic.

" This is what he wants. " A lady in a black dress was standing in the corridor in front of me. " Conquer your woes, Perseus. Embrace the pain. Fight it. "

She was gone when I blinked, but I knew that Chaos had just been here. She somehow managed to escape the Primordial Council to talk to me.

Eventually, I managed to push myself so I was on my knees with my head in my hands. The room was spinning, but I focused on evening out my breath.

Instead of him forcing memories into my mind, I would bring my own- the ones I knew no one would know about but me.

I dug deeper into my being, searching for memories that I knew would cause me more pain than anything End could come up with.

And there she was, giggling and telling me that I was an idiot. That we would outlast any other love. She wouldn't leave me. Ever. And I believed her. Annabeth.

He cracked a stupid grin and tossed an apple my way, before forcing the winds to change its course when he realized his mistake. Jason.

Her kaleidoscope eyes turned blue as tears streamed down her face over him. I brought her into my chest in a friendly and comforting hug. Piper.

She blushed and fanned her face when I mentioned Frank. Her curly hair falling in her face to uselessly hide it. Hazel.

His nose burst into flames the same time he burst in laughter. The greese stains on his cheek matched his now black eye. Leo.

Fur from his last transformation covered his hands and arms and he desperately tried to hide it from Hazel, asking me if I could help him shave it off. Frank.

I dug deeper, my chest aching intensely as my walls crumbled and tears fell to the floor beneath me. I barely saw End leaning against the wall for support.

And he was there, smiling up at the proud look on his fathers face. He chuckled as Annabeth chased Leo through the camp. He was smiling with a crink in his nose, and a spark in his eyes that had died eons ago. Percy.

"Foolish, child. You cannot kill me." End taunted as he neared me.

I tightened my grip and lauched forwards, my sword piercing through his abdomen. "Maybe not, but I can end you."

Finally, light poured into the room, momentarily blinding me. I watched Ends form crumble, before leaning down and whispering in his ear,

"Pun intended."

AN
I know that battle wasn't that epic, but I really wanted to add that pun