Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Forcing to ditch Dan in the subway and heading back to the school in a taxi, Lucy had no idea why she even came back for that idiotic demon. It started with Dan annoying her and trying to visit her new home but she couldn't since Natsu would probably kill her and she wouldn't want him to see him living with Natsu, anyways. So, she lied about how that was supposed to be her stop and quickly slipped off the subway before the door closed.

She apologized though and headed back and now she was wondering why she came back.

She should just head back home but why did she come back? Both way, she had to head home alone and now there she was, finding the jock nowhere in the school to be forced to walk alone in the dark.

It was a bit creepy and scary but she didn't let that bother her since she knew this was a nice neighborhood.

Natsu assured her and Igneel did too. She had nothing to worry about but why did she have an unpleasant feeling inside her chest as if somebody was following her?

Trying to ignore the feeling, she continued her way back home.

—X—

"Natsu! Why didn't you come home with Lucy?" Grandine scolded the male who just came downstairs dressed in comfortable clothes as he gave his mother a look. He didn't reply until he plopped himself on the sofa, looking out the window to stare up at the full moon. "I'm sure she can find her way home."

"That's not what I'm worried about!"

"What are you worried about, then?"

"I heard that some crazy men are out there, these days! Flashing young girls and or doing bad things... I'm just worried because Lucy is a pretty young girl!"

Natsu stared down at his carpet floor as he remembered that weird man in the bushes watching Lucy this morning. He did look very suspicious and if he hurt Lucy... that somehow made him a bit upset.

Sitting there in silence, trying to tell his heart to shut up about going out to find her, he couldn't push away this feeling of guilt.

Finally after having a raging war with his mind and heart, he cursed and stood up, ruffling his odd colored hair to head towards the door.

"I'll be back," he murmured before leaving the house. Grandine unknowingly had a smirk on her face as she fed Romeo some fruits.

She knew he cared about her.

—X—

Finding a familiar pathway down a hill, Lucy realized it's the street to where her house was. Thanking god for not letting her get kidnapped or raped along the way, she started to walk down the street until she felt like someone was right behind her.

Stopping in her tracks, she tried listening to any footsteps but didn't hear anything but the night coming alive.

Trying to ignore the feeling, she went back to walking and went back to having that feeling of somebody following her, again.

Hating the feel of the uneasiness, she quickly turned around to scream in surprise. Screaming, caused the male who was following her to scream with her, the two both jumping in surprise.

It seemed all comical and weird as they stared at each other after screaming their lungs out. And Lucy couldn't help but feel nothing but wonder in her body to see the male dressed in a funky outfit following her.This is what she was scared of all this time? He looked like a clown with his large afro!

Snickering slightly, Lucy placed her palm against her lips and bit back the smirk.

"Uh... hi there?"