Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"I need a job," Lucy sighed one day, leaning against her hand as she caught the attention of her group of friends. "and fast."

"Why don't you work at your mom's bakery?" Levy suggested making the blonde laugh and shake her head, remembering the last time she tried to work there.

"Rather not, my mom is really strict about her bakery..."

"Do you even have time for one?" Cana questioned, looking at the two. "You're managing lacrosse and you also have school work piled on top of that. And knowing a lot of the areas here, they're really picky about their times." She pointed out making Lucy groan and place her head on her desk, pouting.

Cana was right. It was going to be hard to find a job, she was going to have to work at get mom's if she actually wanted a flexible schedule.

"You're right," the blonde sighed, staring down at her hands. "I'll ask my mom about a job."

—X—

"A job? Of course you can work here, Lucy!" Layla squealed in excitement as the younger blonde stood in front of her mother. "Just come whenever you can and I'll give you a position!" She said making Lucy sigh in relief, smiling softly.

"Thanks, mama."

"Anything for my darling, Lucy," she giggled as she leaned over the counter. "so how is school going for you? Any boys? You manage lacrosse, don't you? With Natsu?"

"Yeah," she sighed frowning slightly. "it's kinda stressful. But it gives me something to do everyday after school," she shrugs. "so I guess it's not so bad..."

"I hope Natsu is taking good care of you," she offered a soft smile. "I don't want you getting hurt."

At the thought of that, Lucy just remembered what happened just yesterday, getting hit by a tennis ball right in the face and having to be escorted to the nurse by the said male. She didn't know if he was still angry at her since she hasn't seen him since then, but she still had a feeling he was still angry at her.

For whatever reason he wants, too.

"He takes good care of me," she smiled, trying not to worry her mother. "I'm okay."

"That's good," she smiled, letting out a sigh of relief. "I'm sure he does take great care of you because he is just like Igneel when we were kids and Igneel used to take care of me all the time!" She giggled at her daughter who rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right," she snorted as she imagined Natsu being anything like his bubbly kind-hearted father.

Igneel was the type to never yell or get angry but Natsu got angry so easily it made it seem like the two aren't even related at all. She wondered where his sour personality came from since his entire family was so bubbly—maybe he was actually the one adopted instead of Romeo?

"Believe it or not, Lucy, but Natsu and Igneel wereexactly the same when they were this age."

"Are you sure, mama? Igneel is very nice and bubbly but Natsu is... sour."

"Yes," Layla laughed. "Igneel was exactly like that."

At that, Lucy looked at her mother in surprise. "Really?"

"Mhm," she sighed, remembering the memories she made as a teenager. "Igneel and I were the best of friends back then—we dated a little back then, too! Igneel and Natsu look and act exactly the same!"

Imagining Igneel and her mother being a couple made her scrunch her face up in disgust as she tried to picture Natsu being her brother or step-brother. Living under the same roof with him is hard enough but imagining being family with him made her feel a little sick.