Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Oh Gonzo, you're so funny! Of course Natsu is the best on the team!"

"He is one of my best, Yuki. We still have the seniors ahead of him, remember?"

"I doubt it," the silver-haired freshman scoffed as she crossed her leg over her knee and gazed lovingly at the pink-haired player. "Natsu is the best."

Without knowing, Lucy snapped her pencil into two listening to Yukino talk about Natsu like that, the two turning to see what the sound of something snapping was. The blonde was quick to hide the broken pencil as she flashed a sweet smile making them look away and continue their conversation.

"Quit talking about Natsu, already... he doesn't even like you," she muttered under her breath as she reached inside the backpack to take out another pencil. "well... he doesn't like me either but I bet he likes me better!"

After finding out that Yukino was the other manager, Lucy tried to stay away from her the best she can. And seeing how the boys were friendly towards her, she realized that Yukino has been a manager a bit longer than she had.

That irked her even more. This pretty female was going to grab Natsu's attention even more.

But wait... why did she even care? She doesn't like him! She hated him! He was rude and obnoxious and she rather go single the rest of her life if he was the last person on earth!

But why... why was she so pissed off when Yukino praised Natsu like that? Why was she so angry when she spoke to him? Why?

Lucy was brought back into reality when she broke her second pencil, her chocolate brown orbs gazing down to stare at the pencil that was broken into two.

"Hey, Heartfillia, stop breaking my pencils!" Gonzales yelled out jokingly making Lucy quickly apologize and flush in embarrassed. "Hey, Yuki, I think you should go help her."

"Aw, but I was having so much fun watching Natsu!"

"You have plenty of time to do that, now go on."

Letting out a soft sigh, the silver-haired woman turned towards Lucy's direction and walked on over to her, a friendly smile appearing on her face.

"Do you need some help?"

"It's fine," the blonde denied. "I'm done, anyways." She said as she closed the binder to stuff it inside the black backpack which she zipped up.

"Well if you insist," she shrugged as she went back to go drool over Natsu making Lucy let out a huff and glare at her retreating figure. Soon, she joined the two as well as they entire team did push-ups.

"Go, Natsu, go! Go, Natsu, go!"

"C'mon ladies, just fifteen more to go!" He blew in his whistle as the boys struggled to get their fifteen done.

Lucy just stood there with her arms crossed across her chest as a pout forming on her face.

"Hey Lucy," Yukino suddenly spoke up making her turn and look at her. "how come Nastu gave you his sweatshirt? I'm kind of jealous." She pointed at the blonde who looked down to see she was still wearing the said male's sweatshirt. It somehow made a smug smirk come to her face as she finally got something to brag about.

"Natsu gave me this to wear because I was cold," she said making Yukino gasp. "and it's his favorite sweatshirt, too."

"Hey, I'm pretty cold, too... Natsu, do you have another jacket I can wear?" Yukino suddenly shouted towards the jock who was sitting and waiting for his other teammate to finish their push ups. The pink-haired male shrugged as he nudged his head over to where his bag was.