8. Grah-Pravesh

A/N: Another update! Ok, so this chapter is dedicated to Shailjabanthia who is going out of country for about 5 months and won't be able to log in to wattpad. So this is for you. Have a blast over there and return back safely!

*******************************

Gauri sat between Rohan and Shwetha, with her head resting on Shwetha's shoulder, as she contemplated about her upcoming future.

She had returned back to the hotel in a trance. She couldn't remember anything after the moment when she read those switched documents. Could she call what Omkara did a treachery? Then what was she doing? Wasn't she doing exactly the same thing? She just got bested by Omkara and that's it.

Gauri sighed. Now she couldn't do anything but pray. Pray that a year with Omkara and his family passes peacefully without any difficulties. And then, she can be free of him. Just as she had wanted.

"We need to go shopping for Gauri's clothes and jewelleries. We need to prepare her for..." Shwetha whispered.

"No. We don't need to. I am not going in to that house as a daughter-in-law. But only to complete the deal. Only for one year. I am not going there to stay forever. After one year, I will get divorce from him and then I will be free. Then what is the use of all these things? I don't need to waste my money for this deal." Gauri said to both of them in a monotonic voice.

"I am sorry, Gauri. I couldn't do anything for you. I couldn't complete my responsibilities as your brother. I am really sorry...Please, forgive me. " Rohan said to Gauri, shaking his head.

Gauri turned to Rohan and looked at him directly.
"Bhaiya, it's not your fault. How could have we known that Omkara would send his minions to keep an eye on us? Anyways. Now all we need to think about is the future. Somehow I will have to spend one year peacefully with him. And then, I will get freedom from him and everything will be back to normal in our lives."

There was a loud knock at her room's door which caused all three of them to startle a bit.

Rohan cleared his throat as he got up from the bed and said, "I'll see who is there."

Gauri and Shwetha sat quietly next to each other when no sound seemed to come from the front door. They both looked at  each other worriedly when suddenly Rohan came back, looking pissed.

"Gauri, there is someone who wants to meet you." Rohan spoke curtly.

"Who is it, bhaiya?" Gauri asked, looking confused.

"Mr. Oberoi wants to discuss something important with you. So, I think Shwetha and I will head towards our room. And Gauri, if you need anything just call me. Alright? I'm just a call away.", Rohan said, as he looked at Gauri for her confirmation.

Gauri nodded her head. She knew if she asked him to stay with her, he wouldn't dare step out of the room. But now, she had to face her problems herself. She couldn't depend on other people forever, could she?

After Rohan and Shwetha left the room, their was an awkward silence in the room.

"From what I remember, you.. you used to talk a lot." Omkara said, as he tried to make  conversation between them.

"Time changes people. So.... for what purpose have you come here? I am not even going to ask how you got my address and from where.." Gauri asked Omkara.

"Umm.. Dadi has organized some rituals tomorrow at the noon. Haldi.. Mehendi.. or whatever. I have just come to invite you and your family." Omkara said nervously.