17. Truth

A/N: Hey there. Long time no see, huh. 😷 Sorry guys.. but let's get on with the story, shall we? 🤔

*******************************

A few days later, Omkara came home and found everyone sitting in the hall room except for Gauri. He looked for her in the bedroom, but, to no avail she wasn't there as well. After looking for her for another 15 minutes he stood in the balcony, disgruntled.

Where is she? I'll just call and see..

He tried a few times, but each time it would keep on ringing, without her picking up the call.

What the hell? Now she is not even receiving my calls? Ok, then. I won't call her until she calls back. She should have informed me where she was going! Nope! Her ego will start interfering.. And she will say does she need to ask for my permission to go somewhere? Uff! Why is it so tough to understang girls?!

In retaliation, he turned off the phone and laid down to take a nap. When he woke up, he realized that the day had already turned into dusk. He quickly got up and after freshening up, went downstairs in search of his wife.

And when he still couldn't find her, he finally asked Dadi about her whereabouts. She informed him that Gauri had gone to her brother's house early in the morning around 11 as her brother and sister-in-law had arrived from the U.S., just after he had gone off to work and also that she had called her to inform that she will be staying the night over there.

She suddenly grabbed his right ear lightly making him yelp and asked, "Why was your phone switched off when your wife tried to call you? I better not hear this complaint from Gauri again!" Dadi lightly scolded him, and caressed his hair. "My son, there is always place for some bantering between a husband and wife... but there shouldn't even be an inch for misunderstandings. Because that misunderstanding will create many problems in the future. And it becomes really tough to clear them out.. Are you getting what I am trying to say?"

"Yes grandma.. I will just call her now.." Omkara said, giving her an embarrassed smile.

"Yed. And give my love to her." Grandma said as she walked off.

After Grandma left, Omkara stood there confused looking at his phone screen.

Weird, she never called me today... If she did then I would had received notifications.. What is going on here? Did she just lie to Grandma - ? No.. she won't do that... I'll have to find out..

He tried calling her once more, and when she didn't pick up any of his calls, he quickly made his decision.

He was going to get her. How could she just up and leave without informing him? Was he a doormat?

He quickly grabbed his car and drove to her brother's house. He wasn't so happy to go there as he didn't feel much comfortable in her brother's and sister-in-law's presence because he knew they didn't favor him much. He just didn't care. He was going to get his wife. And that was that.

*******************************

He stood at the main door after ringing the bell and waited for the door to be opened. The door finally opened and Rohan stood with his arms folded and a hard expression on his face.

Omkara took a deep a breath to calm his fear, even though he knew in the pit of his stomach that something felt wrong. And Rohan was somehow involved in it.

"I want to see Gauri.." Omkara said.

"But she doesn't want to see you now." Rohan said, without missing a beat.

"I won't repeat it again. Call her out. You really don't want to see me lose my patience." Omkara said, his voice hard as steel.

He promised her. He wouldn't let anyone come between him and Gauri. And he wasn't going to break his promise now.

"Okay then. Hear it from her. But remember this one thing... if you hurt her anymore than you already did.... then I will hurt you more. Got it?" Rohan said to Omkara, glaring at him.

Both of them stared hard at each other when Rohan finally went inside to call for Gauri.

Omkara let out his breath as he grabbed at his hair.

What the hell? What did he mean by - if I hurt her more than I did? What was he - ?

He looked up as he felt her presence. Gauri stood there looking at him as if... she was disgusted by his presence.

"Why did you come here?" Gauri finally asked, looking away from him.

"What do you mean by - why did I come here? Can't I come to meet with my wife? And what was your brother saying - that you don't want to see me?" Omkara asked her furiously.

"He was right. I don't want to see or talk with you. And what 'wife'? I am just an object for you that you have used and... and you are going throw me away. I am nothing except that!  You lied to me! About your Grandma's illness.. you said she just had about a year to survive! Admit it that you lied to me! I've got to know everything! You just wanted to belittle me and you were also about to - !" Gauri shouted at him, with tears running down her face.

"ENOUGH! That's it! Not one more word! You want to know the truth, right? Yes! Yes, I lied to you about my Grandma's illness so that you would accept my proposal. But after that I just wanted to make you believe how much I have fallen for you and that I couldn't live without you! I just couldn't let you go, because my heart was saying not to! You really are desperate to get separated from me, right? Whatever happened between us... it really doesn't matter to you, right? You have no trust in me! If you had a doubt you could have asked me! But you are here - you know what? Stay right here. I'll send your other stuffs with the divorce papers tomorrow morning. Goodbye." Omkara waved at her as he walked out without looking back.

*******************************

P/S: Oh no! What happened, again? They are getting divorced! We are back to square one! Or are we? ;)

Please vote and comment! It means a lot. :)