Chapter 6

Scott's POV

Silas stared at me, his eyes running over my form. "But..." He shook his head. "You're my Beta. You can't be an Omega."

"Why not?"

"Because you were born to be the Beta. It's in your blood."

I looked down at my hands. True, I am the son of the Beta and his wife, but- "I'm not the true heir to the Beta legacy."

"Then... Who is?" He seemed nervous, and I didn't blame him. Finding out that his Beta is actually an Omega, and his second mate was probably a lot to handle.

"My twin."

Silas looked at me. "You don't have a twin."

"I did."

His gaze softened. "What happened?"

"... Rogues. It happened before we were born. Damaged the womb, caused it to only be able to support one of us. You can imagine my father's displeasure when the dead fetus was his destined Beta, and not his Omega son."

Silas watched me quietly. "Why didn't he say anything?"

"Easier to say the rogue attack damaged the womb and made me smaller due to malnutrition than to say his legacy would end."

His eyes watched me before he asked another question. "If... If you're an Omega... Does that mean..." His eyes trailed to my stomach.

Sighing, I nodded. "I was in heat, so, chances are high."

Suddenly, I was whisked up, the room spinning around me as I focused on Silas's face. He... He's laughing. Is he happy? That I might be pregnant? My wolf nodded. Of course, it is his child. He spoke happily, pleased to have made his mate happy.

Only one problem echoed in my mind. Lewis. I'm just his second mate. I have a feeling he's not as done with his feelings for Lewis as he says he is. I... I don't want to be the last pick, sitting in the shadow of his first love. And his firstborn. The dead fetus from Lewis. I looked down. If I do have a child, would they have the same problem? Hidden by the shadow of Silas's first potential child?

When I snapped out of my daze, we had stopped spinning. Instead, Silas had placed me in his lap, happily leaning into my neck. "Silas... Don't you feel hurt at all?"

"Why?"

"Because I lied to you. I lied about being a Beta, and I pretended to be something I'm not."

He shrugged. "Well, that doesn't matter. You don't have to be my Beta anymore."

I shot out of his lap, making him whine. "What?! Why?!"

He looked up, confused. "Because you're my Luna now."

I looked down. Luna? A mother to the pack? I could never do that. I've been raised to be the Beta. I thought that, even after I found my mate, that wouldn't change. "What if I don't want to be the Luna?"

His eyes darkened. "Why not? Are you rejecting me?" His voice darkened on the word 'rejection.'

I shook my head. "No, just... I want to be your Beta. Not your Luna."

He shook his head. "No. You are my Luna. It is tradition, and I don't want you to work or worry about anything regarding the pack."

I frowned. I knew of Lunas who helped their mates with the treaties and politics of the pack. "So you want me to do nothing? To be a doll in your collection?"

"I didn't mean it like that! I'm just saying that you are going to be my mate! You shouldn't have to do work. Besides, there's a chance you are-"

"Are what? Pregnant? What does that have to do with anything? I'm perfectly capable of doing work. You wouldn't have cared if I was pregnant if I wasn't your mate, right?"

This made him mad, and he pushed me down on the bed. "I'll say this once. You may be my Beta, but you are my mate first! I will not let you risk your life doing anything! I don't want to lose you."

I shook my head. "I'm not going to get hurt working. A paper cut never killed anyone."

This made him angrier. "You. Are. My. Mate. I decide what is good for you."

He got up, pushing me down. "Stay here until you learn that."

Just as I was getting up, he left, locking the door behind him.