Chapter 9

Silas's POV

No? What do you mean no?!

Stellan huffed. Why should I give you control? I've already done a better job of being Scott's mate than you. I don't want you to get us rejected. Again.

Before I could say anything, Scott put down a plate in front of us, filled with meat. Immediately, Stellan dug in. Scott sat down, watching us. I wanted to tell him to let me out, but I had no way to. Pack links don't work unless you have control of the body, and as you can see... I don't.

I gave a frustrated growl. I just let me out! I'll do it better, and I won't make him reject us!

Uh huh.

Scott watched us eat before frowning. "I know Silas gave you control to apologize, right?"

Stellan nodded, smiling at our mate. Scott continued. "So... When are you going to let him out?"

"Hever." Stellan spoke around his food.

Confused, Scott stared blankly until Stellan had finished and repeated. "Never. He hwurt you."

Scott paled. "Who's going to run the pack?"

"Me."

I could see what he was thinking pasted on his face. An Alpha wolf is irrational when angry. If anyone ticks off Stellan in the slightest, they'll be dealing with a beast. That usually doesn't end well for negotiations.

"M-... Maybe you should let Silas have control."

Stellan pouted. "You don't want me?"

Flinching, Scott shook his head. "It's not that, but... You get pretty... Aggressive when you're mad. Are you sure you're going to be able to work in a confined space for so long? What about negotiations?"

I nodded. Yeah, are you able to make nice with other Alphas without challenging their authority? No. Can you stay still and work for hours on end? No.

Stellan thought for a minute. "I'll do it for mate."

Scott blushed and Stellan stick his tongue out at me. Gritting my teeth, I turned away. Fine, whatever. See how it goes.

Victorious, Stellan reached across the table, grabbing Scott's hand. Sparks shot up my spine, and Stellan began to purr. Scott stared down at our interlinked hands. "You two are really different, aren't you."

I scowled. What's that supposed to mean.

Maybe that I'm better?

Crossing my arms, jealousy pooled in my chest. Why? Why was it like this everytime?! Why can't I control my emotions. Why... Why do I always end up doing something that hurts my mate? "But, you know," Scott spoke softly, causing us to turn to him. "Even if it wasn't exactly the greatest way it could have happened, I'm... I'm excited to have a child." He peeked up at us, smiling softly.

Stellan nodded. "Me Twoo."

---

"WHAT?!!" I rolled my eyes at Stellan, who was glaring at our mate. Or, rather, what our mate said.

Scott blinked, speaking slowly. "Here are the documents you need to look over and approve for the negotiations with a few other packs. While you work on those, there's some things I need to work on, so I'll check in on you in about an hour."

Stellan scowled. "Why can't you stay here with me?!" In just a matter of a day, he managed to regain his ability to talk without sounding like a two-year-old. Now, he just whined like one.

Scott looked away. "There are just... Some things I need to take care of in private, okay? I'll be back."

Stellan crossed his arms and pouted. What's wrong, Wolfie?

No mate, no work. Stellan stuck out his lip, telling Scott as much as well. Scott sighed. "You have to work, remember? We talked about this yesterday."

"Then, I don't want to be in control." Silas, take over.

Rolling my eyes, I scowled. No. Why should I have to take care of the deskwork, then agree to switch again just so you can spend all the time with our mate. I want to spend time with him too! Besides, I always get stuck doing deskwork. It's nice to sit back and watch somebody else do it.

Stellan glared at me, then at the papers Scott set on the desk. Scott stood off to the side nervously. "Have you switched back?"

Stellan looked at Scott. "No. I'm never letting Silas out again."