Chapter 8

Silas's wolf (Stellan)'s POV

I blinked against the brightness of having direct control of our vision after so long, rather than just sitting in the back of our mind, arguing with Silas. My head turned slowly, scanning the room. That's right... Scott left. I looked down at my legs, moving slowly and wobbly out of the room, following the delicious scent of my mate.

Scott was sitting at the kitchen island, glancing down at his hands. No, not his hands... His stomach. It made me deliriously happy to see him thinking about our child. I wobbled over, burying my nose in his neck and inhaling. His heart sped up, and he attempted to glance back at me. "... What do you want, Silas?" 

Annoyed, I pulled away, moving to face Scott. His eyes were damp and red, from his tears earlier. I reached over, brushing his eyes with the pad of my thumb to wipe away the tears. He pulled back, surprised. "Silas?"

I stared at him, not saying anything. Partly because I wanted him to recognize it was me on his own. Mainly, it was because I hadn't yet remembered how to talk when in control of our body. You simply think about talking, then do it. Silas's helpful voice rang in my ears. Scott scrunched his brow. "You... You're not Silas, are you?" I shook my head. "Stellan?"

Nodding, I leaned closer, nuzzling his cheek. Stepping back, I spoke. "I'm soro-sowwy my hur-human is an idiot who makes yuu cry." My mouth felt like jello, but at least I was able to get it out. Funny how one of the only words you pronounced correctly was 'idiot.' Silas echoed in my mind, but I ignored him.

Scott smiled, laughing at my failed talking attempt. "It's okay," He nuzzled back, making my heart explode. "He's our idiot, after all."

My arms went around his waist, and I hugged him tightly. He sighed contently, leaning back against my chest. We sat quietly before I leaned over, looking down and moving my hands over his against his stomach. I frowned, trying to speak again. "B-... Baby?"

He nodded slowly. "I-I'm not sure, but I think so."

I nodded. It's true. His smell... It's different. More maternal, sweeter. Scott stood up, moving out of my grip and causing me to whine. He turned back, taking my head in his hands and planting a kiss on my cheek. I purred at the contact, and he smiled before turning back to the counter where he was standing, right by the stove. "Would you like something to eat?" He spoke, not turning around.

Alarms went off in my head. What if he burns himself? What if he cuts himself? I didn't say anything, because I know how much he hated Silas when he was overbearing. When I didn't speak, Scott turned around and frowned at my expression for a moment before his eyes lit up and he blushed. "Don't... Don't worry, I'll be careful. Now, what do you want?"

I nodded, but still furrowed my brow. "M-... Meet."

He rolled his eyes but nodded, and began cooking. As he did, I smirked at Silas. See? I can do a much better job of taking care of our mate.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just give me back control.

I frowned. No.