Chapter 12

Scott's POV

I leaned into Silas's chest, the sick feeling dissipating and sparks running through me. My morning sickness had been killing me, and the only remedy seemed to be Silas's touch. I felt embarrassed acting like this. I'd been his Beta until a short while ago. I was supposed to be his second in command, his right hand there to help him with work. I was not supposed to be spoiled like this, doing whatever I wanted. I didn't try to do much else besides seek out his touch, but I still felt like it something I wasn't allowed to do.

Silas didn't seem to mind much. He chuckled, a soft purr rumbling in his chest as he worked, his warmth pressed against me. I closed my eyes, my body relaxing as I listened to his heartbeat. I was vaguely aware of Silas saying something at one point, but I eventually fell into a peaceful sleep. 

---

When I woke up, I was in Silas's room. I tried to sit up, but stopped when I felt something around my waist. Glancing over, I found myself staring at Silas, who was asleep with his arm wrapped around me tightly. I smiled, entwining my hand with his against my stomach. 

I sat up against the headrest, and our entwined hands fell to my lap. Silas stirred, his head scooting closer to me and nuzzling against my leg as he slept. My heart sped up, and I blushed. So he can be cute sometimes too... 

Unfortunately, it was at that moment my bladder decided to join in. I groaned, pulling my hand away from Silas's. I attempted to disentangle myself, but Silas moaned and pulled me closer. I flinched. "Where.... going...." He droned off, eyes peeking out under his eyelids. 

"Bathroom." I gave him an urgent look, pushing his arm away. He sighed, moving away. I rushed out of the room into the bathroom. 

When I got back, Silas was sitting up in the bed, running a hand through his hair. When he saw me, he smiled. "You feel like going on that date today?"

I froze. "W-what?"

"The... date I asked you to go on.... with me...." Silas rubbed his neck awkwardly. 

I blushed. "O-oh... I... I think I fell asleep."

"I know." Silas smiled. "So... Wanna go on a date with me?"

Walking over to the bed, I sat down next to him, leaning into his shoulder. "Yes."

His arms went around me, chuckling. When I looked back up at his face, I could see that Stellan was trying to take over, fighting Silas for control. I felt my wolf yip happily at the thought of being wanted by his mate. I smiled too, at the thought of being wanted in general. Silas rubbed my back, watching my face quietly. "How do you feel? Okay?"

I knew what he was talking about and glanced down at my stomach for the barest of moments. "Yes." 

Silas's face relaxed, and he smiled gently. "Thank you."