Chapter 11

Silas's POV

And don't try to control him! Stellan continued listing things I shouldn't do to Scott as I sat in my office.

I sat back, rubbing my eyes. You think I don't know that?

Could have fooled me.

It's been about two weeks since I finally got control back from Stellan, and he still didn't trust me to not do something stupid to Scott. Not that I blamed him, but... I was tired of being nagged. I just wanted to spend time with Scott without having Stellan give me the evil eye. Have one decent conversation with him without losing your temper, and maybe you'll get what you want.

Sighing, I looked around the office before my eyes led back to the stack of papers on my desk. How come I have to do all the dirty work and you get to spend all your time with Scott?

Because I'm special. Stellan gave me a smug look.

Growling I rolled my eyes. Scott had still been somewhat suspicious of me after I'd claimed I was back to normal, but we eventually fell back into our usual routine. Well... Mostly usual time. Scott had started his morning sickness, and was not happy. Not that Stellan and I seemed to mind - I enjoyed getting to dote on my pregnant mate.

And he looks cute when he's mad. Stellan agreed.

Before I could say anything back, the door to my office opened and Scott came in. He didn't say anything, walking over to me and sitting down in my lap. I melted into him, wrapping my arms around Scott's waist as he leaned against me. Stellan purred, watching our mate. "What's wrong?" I placed my head in the crook of Scott's neck, enveloped in his sweet scent.

"I... felt sick." Scott mumbled sleepily.

I chuckled. Sitting back up, I let Scott lean against me and sleep while I finished all the paperwork I had left. "You know," I spoke gently, smiling as I worked. "I was thinking we should go out somewhere this week, if you're feeling up to it. Wherever you want to go, okay?"

Scott said nothing, and I figured he was asleep. I leaned over, pulling my jacket off the edge of the desk to place it around Scott. My eyes went down to his stomach. Was there really a child in there? My child? I'd almost had a child - with Lewis - but I'd screwed it up like an idiot, and the child died before birth. I hadn't really thought I'd ever get another shot at being a father. It was a strange concept, being a parent, but at the same time a blessing. I couldn't wait to hold my precious child, care for them, watch them grow. I knew I had a huge, stupid grin on my face from the thought, but I couldn't help it. I had a second chance to fix my stupid mistakes, and I wasn't going to give it up. 

I still felt awful about Lewis, but I knew I'd never be able to make it up to him. He was gone, with a new pack and mate. I had to move on, and I knew I would be able to, with Scott. I still loved Lewis - he was my first mate, after all, but I loved Scott as well. I wouldn't let anything hurt him. 

A/N: Really sorry for the lack of promised updates, guys. Been going through stuff in life. But I will try to get updates out more often. Thanks for reading! P.S. Really really sorry about the broken update promises...