Chapter 3: Facing Embarassment

Leia awoke with a grin on her face. She couldn't wrap her head around the fact that she had actually saved that little boy! The car would've exploded before the fire truck arrived, she had heard the sirens approaching as she was leaving.

She got out of bed and picked out her outfit for the day. A white t-shirt, with a pair of black shorts that were covered in pineapples. She slipped on a pair of brown sandals and left her necklace dangling on her neck. Leia went downstairs after grabbing her backpack and keys, and was greeted by her parents in the kitcken.

"Good morning." She said with a smile. Her parents exchanged a look, which made Leia aware of the lecture she was about to get.

"You know," Her mom started. "We saw the most interesting thing on the news."

"Yeah," Her dad piped up. "This girl magically made it rain to put out a fire."

Leia mentally face-palmed. Of course someone would take a video of her.

"Look, I-I was on a walk and I saw the crash. I couldn't just leave that little boy trapped! I had to help."

Her parents shared another look. "Honey, we understand. You know we just want you to be safe. It's okay if you absolutely need to help someone, but otherwise, do not go looking for trouble."

Leia nodded and grabbed a granola bar from the cabinet and ignored the glare she was receiving from her father. After waving goodbye, she hopped in her car and took off towards school.

Once she arrived she got out and locked the car. She smiled at a few people who smiled at her and went to her locker to exchange books. After doing that she made her way to her first class. She took her usual spot in the back and started reading until the bell rang.

"Alright class, today you will work in partners on a worksheet. Not going to lie, it's just busywork. I don't feel like teaching." Some people laughed, Mrs. Kinnard was a lot of people's favorite teacher because the class was so easy.

She began listing off people that were paired together. Leia didn't pay attention until she heard her name.

"Leia and Grayson."

Her cheeks flushed and her eyes scanned the room. Grayson was standing up and walking towards the seat next to her.

"Hi." She mumbled awkwardly.

"Hey." He gave her a grin that showed off his dimples.

"I-I'm really sorry. About what I-"

"You don't have to apologize." He reassured.

"I want to-"

"No really, it's okay." He interrupted.

"I want to hangout with you!"

The class was silent. All eyes turned to Leia. People snickered at her red face. Grayson was smiling. She thought t was because he wanted to laugh at her, when really he just thought she was cute.

The ground rumbled, more noticeable than yesterday, and students started to get louder. Leia knew she had to leave to calm down. She would never be able to in class. She jumped up and hitched her backpack over her shoulder, practically running out of class.

She didn't look back to see Grayson's confused expression, watching her run away in wonder.

Luckily no one followed her, because if they did they would've seen her running outside the school crying, with water running down her fingertips.

Leia didn't show up in any of the other classes she had that day. And didn't show up at all the next. Grayson was worried about her, and how she was doing. He wanted to know if she was okay after what had happened yesterday. Even if it was a little strange that the earthquake stopped right after she left. He didn't want to automatically assume that Leia had strange powers, even if it did sort of make sense. I mean, twice he had felt the ground shake, and both times Leia had been there. But he was probably just overthinking.