Chapter 5: Suspicion

It was now Friday after school. Leia was stressing for two reasons.

One, she has no idea what she's going to wear to the party.

Two, something bad could happen at the party. She had already been threatened, now it was a matter of Elaine actually following through or not. She's betting on the former.

"Leia I have clothes for you." Her mom called out from the other side of her door.

Well, that was one problem take care of.

"Okay, come in."

Her mom came through the door holding multiple rompers. Leia's eyes bulged. Sometimes her mom could be kind of extra.

"So I got you a few rompers that I thought were cute and good party outfits but I like this one best." She said, holding up a white one that had square holes along all of the edges. It was cute and simple.

"Okay." She agreed, taking it. Her mom left the room so she could get ready on her own.

Leia did her makeup first, only filling in her eyebrows, putting on mascara, and adding highlight to the right places.  Next, she curled her usually straight waist length hair, which took a really long time. To make it look less formal she brushed it out with her fingers. She then slipped on the romper and brown sandals.

Leia checked her phone and it was almost nine

Leia checked her phone and it was almost nine. Coincidentally, the doorbell rang right as she finished spraying on vanilla perfume.

"Please do not answer the door." She yelled to her mom. Lord knows she will just embarrass her more.

"Oh hi Grayson!"

Wonderful.

Leia grabbed her phone and quickly went downstairs. Her mom and Grayson were talking about something she wasn't paying attention to.

Right as she stepped into view his eyes were on her, and vise-versa. She admired soft looking brown hair, and his enchanting eyes. He was dressed in a navy button up shirt, along with khaki shorts. He seemed happy, which made him look that much better.

He admired the way she didn't cake on makeup like most girls, and how she didn't show a lot of skin just to get someone's attention. Admired the way her vivid green eyes sparkle and how kissable her plump pink lips look. How her hair flows perfectly behind her.

The sound of a picture being taken broke their trance. They both looked to Leia's mom to see her holding her phone up.

"Mom." She whined.