Chapter 12: Not the Only One

It was excruciating pain.

Electricity traveled up and down her body and she couldn't stop herself from screaming in pain. Everything else became muted, and after awhile, she didn't feel anything.

Her mind was blank as she laid on the table while her body convulsed uncontrollably.

Muted shouts filled the air, then it was silent. Blurred out faces appeared in front of her, but she only stared blankly ahead.

***

Leia wouldn't move. Joey had successfully knocked out her dad, and scared the other two off. He wasn't able to deal with that many people at a time, that being the first time he'd ever gone out as a superhero. He didn't even have a costume yet.

The police came and apprehended Mark, however weren't sure where to put him considering he would be able to get out of any place. It took awhile, but Greyson had been able to guide Joey and tell him what to look for, which he did with the earpiece he gave Joey.

Joey gave the cuffs to the police and told a trusted forensic scientist, which was his father, to find out what the cuffs were made of and to only tell them when he found out. Of course he had to be extra careful when hiding his face, he couldn't have his dad finding out who he was on the first day of being a hero. He knew he could trust his dad though, he was a genuinely good guy, anyone could see that.

Anyways, Joey was currently freaking out. But only because Grayson was freaking out. More specifically he was freaking out about Leia. Where were you supposed to take an injured superhero? The hospital would get her DNA, therefore end up having her identity. They were all new to being involved with a super, and had absolutely no idea. They also weren't sure if Leia was okay or not. She could be perfectly fine now that the cuffs were off and allowing her to heal faster. They weren't sure.

That's why they took her to Leia's mom.

"Oh my." Her hand flew to her mouth and her eyes widened.

Joey stood in the living room awkwardly, scratching under his mask. Grayson didn't have much time to get him one, hopefully Leia's mom could make him one soon.

"He did this to her." Grayson glared at a spot on the floor, not once letting go of Leia's unmoving hand.

"What matters now is that he is contained, honey. I believe Leia will be fine. Just stay with her, dear. I'm sure once she wakes up you will be the first thing on her mind."

She smiled and turned towards Joey. "And who might you be?"

Joey shrunk back and instinctively made himself translucent.

Veronica raised an eyebrow. "Well, that's new."

Grayson sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "We need to work on that." He went closer to Leia and lifted her head, sitting on the couch and laying her head on his thigh. He untied the bands from her hair and ran his fingers through the silky strands lovingly. Grayson paid no mind to the eyes of Veronica, his concentrated gaze not once straying from Leia.

"You mean a lot to her."

Grayson nodded and placed a hand on Leia's cheek, the other still sifting through her hair.

"She means a lot to me, too."

Suddenly he heard a small whine come from Leia. "C'mon baby please wake up." He muttered.

She let out a groan and suddenly shot up smacking Grayson's cheek. "Stop! L-let me go!" She yelled, and he let her go causing her body to tumble onto the floor.

"That hurt." He said, rubbing his cheek.

Leia looked up from the floor, confused. "Is-is this a dream? Are y-you real?" She asked.

"I'm real, sweetheart."

She jumped up and landed on top of him, wrapping her arms around his frame. "I'm so happy to-to see you."

Grayson hugged her close, then pulled back to examine her. "Are you okay?"

Leia shrugged and looked around, narrowing her eyes at where Joey had last been seen.

"Who's th-there?"

Joey reappeared with a bewildered expression on his face. "How did you-?" He trailed off, utterly confused.

Leia shrugged and leaned her head on Grayson's chest. "I c-could feel it in the-the air." She pressed further into the softness of his t-shirt and inhaled his familiar cologne.

Grayson whistled, and turned to Joey, a proud grin playing on his lips. "Leia, meet Joey. He helped save you! He can make himself invisible, which came in handy."

"Thank y-you." She softly whispered.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Veronica asked, worry plastered on her face. Leia shook her head and sighed, leaning against Grayson further.

"He-he wanted m-my powers." Her Mom gasped, and her hand flew up to her mouth. Joey frowned and looked at her with sympathy. Grayson was angry. How could a father do that to their daughter? He tightened his hold around Leia, glaring at the ground.

He wasn't going to let anyone take her again, even if it meant risking his life for her. But how could he?

He didn't have powers like her.

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING

Schools got me hectic right now, on top of out of school sports...

This is probably how it's going to be until next summer. I'm sorry, but I can't help it. School comes first, then activities, then wattpad.

I know this sucks, and I apologize but I was just tying to get something updated. Honestly, once I finish this story and begin to edit it, I feel like it will be a lot better and worth someone's time.

Thank you for over 100 reads! I love you all, thank you💖