two

december 21

i woke up late today. i made it to work on time though. i had the early shift and it made me absolutely miserable. but it paid enough to keep food on the table for me and my apartments bills.

my shift flew by today which usually it seems as if its forever. i clock out and leave. i get in my car and decide to text claire.

"hey girl, want to go catch a movie later? i just got off work."

i wait a few minutes for a response and nothing comes. so i decide to go home and hopefully get ready for the movie.

in what seems like forever, i make it home through all the traffic and pull in the little parking space meant for my apartment.

i rush inside and decide to check my social medias since i rarely get on them and claire hasn't texted me.

i go through and i see i got a notification from a few of my "friends" and a few guys.

in all honesty, i get guys. but i just dont act upon it. i decide against being one of those girls that sleeps with everyone just to be known.

i click off and dont open any of their messages.

claire still hasnt texted me back and it is bothering me. she must still be at work.

i get changed into sweats and an old tee-shirt. i look in the mirror pleased with my appearance. my long blondish hair dangling off my shoulders.

i decide to watch reruns of "Scream Queens". i have a small crush on John Stamos so this works out great.

after an hour or two of watching tv i decide to call claire. it's already 9:30 and its getting pretty dark outside.

the phone rings and rings. i usually wouldnt think anything of it and just put my phone down. but something in ny gut was telling me to go check on her in her house downtown. i didnt want to get caught in New Yorks traffic but i wanted to be a good friend and help her if she's in trouble.

i practically run down to my car and turn up the heat almost immediately.

i drive mostly back roads to avoid traffic. i make it to Claire's home almost 30 minutes later considering the large amount of cars on the roads.

her car is here so she must be home.

i knock on the door and wait at least 5 minutes in the cold before grabbing the spare key she gave me and pushing it into the lock.

when i get inside i yell for claire but almost immediately hear sobbing coming from her room.

i run to her room and when i walk in, what i see is very very unexpected.