six

i open the door to reveal claire looking tired and empty. like the life has been sucked out of her. i look and see zayn walking behind her looking utterly defeated. nothing compaired to what he looked like at the coffee shop.

claire walks past me into her apartment and zayn attempts to follow. i stop him from taking another step.

"what the hell happened?" i ask zayn

"we talked and i realized how much we've both changed. i told her that and she stormed out." zayn says, his voice sounding whispery.

"i agree with how you've both changed, but you don't deserve her." i say knowing zayn knows it's true.

zayn gives me a look of hurt and utters a simple goodbye. his eyes pang with a flash of hurt.

i walk into claire's room to see her collecting clothes and pictures.

"what are you doing?" i ask her, careful of my tone.

"getting rid of him. i can't do this anymore." she says, as she signals to the clothes that look like Zayn's.

"Do you need me to cancel with Harry? I can and we can have a girls night?" i ask her

"no don't. it's okay i'll be fine by myself" she says smiling wearily

"sorry i had to borrow an outfit." i say trying to lighten the now dampened mood.

"your okay. you look absolutely great." she says

"thank you. feel better okay?" i say as i walk over and hug her.

"thank you Mads. have a nice night. and are you coming back here after or going back to your apartment?" she asks

"it's up to you." i say smiling

"you can come back here if it's not too much trouble?" she states more as a question than a statement.

"of course" i exclaim

i like hanging out with Claire a lot, we contemplated moving in together but were doing different things at the time and weren't able to find a place in the middle. but things have changed and living together would actually be convenient. i'd have to talk to her about it soon.

i walk into the living room just as the doorbell sounds throughout the small apartment. i walk to the door and open it to reveal a smiling Harry with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth. he grabs the cigarette out of his mouth, twirls it, then gets rid of it hastily. still having that seductive grin across his face.

"ready to go love?" he asks

"yes let me grab my purse" i say cooly as i grab the overly priced bag Claire provided.

he looks me up and down, making me feel conscious about my appearance until he mutters a simple "you look nice".

i knew that was the most i would get out of Harry so i just nodded and muttered a simple "thank you, you too." he smirked and opened the door to his black range rover for me.

impressed with his chivalry, i thank him and buckle my seatbelt. maybe this wouldn't be as bad as it seems...