five

i got off my shift and went straight to claires house. i knocked on the door even though i didn't expect her to answer. barely 2 minutes later i went to grab my key out but Claire came to the door.

"hey mads. come in." she says

"claire how are you feeling?"

"sad i dont know."

"im supposed to tell you something. but i dont know how your gonna take it." i say talking about the Zayn situation

"tell me. absolutely positively nothing can hur-"

"i saw zayn" i blurt out before she can finish her sentence

first a look of confusion settles across her features, then hurt, and then curiosity.

"what did he say" she asks weakly

"he misses you and wants you to call him. he said he fucked up." i say trying not to defend him.

she rushes to her phone before i can stop her. a small gasp comes from her lips. at least 70 missed calls and 200 texts show up on her phone from Zayn.

"do you really think he means it?" she asks me sounding flabbergasted.

"i dont know. i wouldn't trust him yet." i say sounding unsure

she calls him and i prepare for the worst.

she excuses herself fron her own room and walks out into the kitchen to talk to Zayn. i hear mumbling and usually i dont want to listen but i dont want her to do anything or say anything she would want to take back.

i tiptoe into the kitchen and listen. its mostly just him talking and her agreeing or saying something i couldnt comprehend.

when she gets off the phone, she starts walking back to the bedroom and so i sprint back to her bed and sit down.

she walks in not noticing my odd breathing pattern and goes to her closet.

"where are you going?" i ask curiously

"im meeting zayn at that new restaurant a block from my apartment."

"what happened?"

"i will tell you when i get back. okay?" she says hopeful i will agree.

"do you want me to go with you?" i ask feeling sick about the situation

"no i will be okay. please trust me." she says pleadingly

i agree sounding unsure as she goes out the door to her car.

while i wait for her to come home, i decide to clean her room and the rest of her apartment. she still isnt home and i feel worry stirring in my stomach.

i push it away and go to my phone and see a text from an unknown number.

it simply says "hey. is this Madison?"

i reply back "who is this?"

within seconds i get a reply "Harry Styles."

with a puzzled expression i text back. "well harold how did you get my number? this is madi."

"zayn told me you were practically begging for my number love." he texts back and i swear i can see his smirk through the phone.

"zayns always been a good lier.;)" i send.

"would you want to get some dinner tonight?" he sends back almost 2 minutes later.

"straightforward arent we styles?" i type back hoping he will get my sarcasm.

im all sorts of sarcastic.

"well would you like to?" he texts back not commenting on my humor

"sure i guess. what time?" i text back swiftly.

"7? whats your address?" he texts back

i send him my address and agree to the time.

"be there at 7;) wear something nice love." he texts back

i dont text back and i realize im still at Cassies. im sure she wouldnt mind if i wear some of her clothes.

i step into her closet and let me tell you, its like a whole other world in there.

girl world.

i decide on two outfits. one being a shorter strapless lighter peach colored dress. the other being a black and cream laced dress.

i decide on the black one because its sexier and a little less revealing.

i walk back into the closet to grab a pair of high heels. she has most likely over 100 pairs of shoes and im honestly jealous. i have barely 5 pairs of shoes that i actually like.

i decide on a pair of simple glossy black pair. knowing that the simplicity of the heels would look fantastic with the unique design of the dress.

when im done picking my outfit, i look at the clock. which reads "6:12pm" i realize i have plenty of time to do my makeup and hair.

i decide to do my makeup first. making it a little cakier than my usual almost natural face.

i put darker eyeshadow on and perfect my winged eyeliner. putting on a little highlighter and powder. i finish with mascara and im pleased with the results.

i go to grab a curling iron from Claire's perfectly arranged drawers and it makes the small bottle of foundation fall on the ground.

"shit" i exclaim

i clean up her expensive bottle of foundation off the ground and hurry and curl my hair.

i hear a knock at the door realizing it must be harry.

but when i got to the door, i wasnt expecting to see what i saw when i opened the door.