three

i decided it was time for a short authors note. this book may be moving slowly right now but all good books have to. the story will pick up soon. i will try to update as regularly as i can since its summer for me and i have time. i imagine Madison as Meredith Mickelson for those wondering. Also i see Claire as Gigi Hadid. So far all of this has been in Madisons pov so her name hasnt been mentioned very much. Just a heads up. Like and Comment!:)

claire is sitting on her bed, tears rolling down her face at a magnificent speed. i walk over to her carefully and sit on the bed with her. she looks up at me and rushes to grab her cheek before i can see.

a big purple bruise has begun to form. her hair is in tangles and her clothing are all dischiveled.

"claire please tell me what happened." i whisper as gently as i can.

between hiccups she finally answers.

"Zayn and I broke up and he hit me. He fucking hit me hard enough to the point i fell down his stairs." she coughs out.

I notice the blood stains on her usually perfect looking clothing. a tear falls from my eye unexpectedly.

"come on lets get you cleaned up." i tell her reassuringly.

she obliges and stands up putting her support on me. i tell her to get undressed until shes in her bra and underwear.

i take her out to the kitchen and grab her first aid kit and grab the alcohol inside.

i clean her wounds and get her bandaged up. she looks better but i cant imagine how shes feeling inside. shes heart broken. a feeling i had yet to feel.

we go back in her room and i get her a pair of leggings and a tee shirt to throw on. after she gets changed, she walks over and throws her arms around me and cries.

she sobs into my shoulder for a good 10 minutes and goes to lay down in her bed.

"do you want me to stay here tonight?" i ask her

"no its okay. i will call you tomorrow. my phones in my bag, can you plug it into the charger for me?" she whispers

i go to her bag and notice her phone is only at 7%. i plug it in for her and i decide to sit with her for a while.

i have no idea how to fix a broken heart.

"how do you feel?" i whisper sweetly

"utterly defeated. i feel numb and empty." is her response

her usually bursting with happiness eyes look hurt. pain is laced in her words and i realize she probably wont be sleeping tonight.

i text her manager and tell her Claire cant come in tomorrow. i am friends with her manager because i got her the
job as a modeling director. i used to be into that before the incident.

i decide against my good judgement and stay. i have work in the morning again and conveniently Claire doesnt live far from my work. i will just borrow her clothes and hope for the best.

"goodnight claire" i whisper

"goodnight" she says, sounding hurt.

my heart aches for her. but i know its nothing compared to what she feels. but how would i know? broken hearts werent my thing.