Chapter 1: The Mall

BLAKE'S POV.

'Ash come to my office.' I mind linked my beta. I waited a few moments before my the doors to my office creaked open. "Yes Alpha?" He asked giving me a curious look. "I am leaving for a few hours, and I need you watch the pack while I am gone."

"And just where are you going? I may have more important things to do than sit here and wait for you to get back." He said with a smirk.

I usually would not allow anyone to talk to me like this but we have been friends since we were born basically, so he was an exception.

"You already know where I am going, don't make me say it again."

"I don't think I recall, can you remind me?" He said, his smirk growing wider.

I let out a low growl at his pestering but knew he wasn't going to give up. "The mall" I mumbled under my breath. His smirk grew into a wide grin when I said it. I knew he heard it, but my mumble wasn't good enough for him.

"I didn't hear you, what was that?"

"The mall!" I yelled. It did not seem to phase him though as he almost doubled over in laughter. He got a kick out of hearing me say that I am going to a mall considering I am not exactly the type to shop. But he knew I wasn't exactly shopping for anything to buy.

I have been waiting since I was 16 to find my mate. I was now turning 20 in a couple of months and still have not found her. My pack was driving me crazy, constantly asking if I had found their luna yet. My advisor said that I should actually put an effort into finding her, and gave me a list of places that females usually go. I have been at this for months, and have decided that If I do not find her today, then I will approach this a different way.

Ash stood up straight and caught his breath, and I grabed my coat and headed out of my office. Before I shut the door I heard Ash say "don't forget to buy me something!" The amusement was clear in his voice, but I ignored him and slammed the door shut.

**************************

I have been in this horrible place for four hours now, and absolutely nothing. So I decided to get something to eat at the food court and go back to the house. I got a sandwich with various types of meats and cheeses, and sat at a table in the corner. I unwrapped my sandwich, and started to take a bite when it hit me. The best smell I have ever smelt. It smelled like honey suckles and fresh rain. It had my wolf going crazy, babbling random stuff before spitting out one coherent word... 'mate!' I looked around, and my eyes instantly landed on the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She had blond hair that went just below her shoulder blades, and looked to be around 5' 5". She was absolutely perfect, but my pack was not going to be happy... She was not a werewolf.

Zoe's POV.

I handed the cashier my money for the coffee I had just gotten, when I felt like someone was watching me. I ignored the feeling though as I took the empty seat at the table with my family. I looked around, but I didn't see anyone staring. There was a stranger who caught my eye though. He was wearing a black t-shirt that did well to show off his muscles, and a pair of dark colored jeans. He had dark brown hair, and a thick stubble on his chiseled jaw line. I noticed that he had dark brown eyes to match his hair... I gasped as I realized that he was staring at me while I was checking him out. I quickly turned back to my family and pretended that I had been paying attention to the conversation.

When I glanced back towards the stranger again, he was gone. A weird feeling rose up in my stomach, but I just ignored it. Soon we finished our drinks and headed home, but I couldn't seem to drag my thoughts away from the guy at the mall.

I tossed and turned all night, not being able sleep due to the fact that we are going on a trip to visit my uncle tomorrow. My uncle only lived about 6 or 7 hours away, but I hate car trips so I spent the night thinking about the handsome stranger, and dreading the trip that was to come. Eventually I drifted into a dreamless slumber.

******
I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off, it was 5:30am and we had to leave by 6. I slid out of bed and stumbled to my tiny bathroom where I brushed my teeth and applied some make-up while I was trying to get my eyes to adjust to the sunlight that streamed through the large window in my bedroom. I threw my hair up into a messy bun, and threw on a pair of yoga pants and a light blue shirt. I was dressing comfortably because we had a days worth of driving ahead of us. By the time I finished getting ready I grabbed my bags and headed out the door. My family was already out in the car waiting on me, but they were to busy arguing to be irritated at me for being late. I tossed my bag in the back and slammed it shut while my sister was trying to say something rude about me always being the last one out the door. I tend to ignore her because we do not get along very well like normal siblings. I climbed into the middle seat and put my earbuds in for the trip. My mom looked back at me but huffed and turned away when she saw my earbuds already in. She did not like it when I listened to music on my phone because she thinks I am just being "grouchy and unsocial". But that is not the case, I do not want to sit there and listen the whatevere it is they play on the radio because it is rarely anything good.

My dad started the gps and we were off....This was going to be a very long weekend.