Chapter 3: Awake

I woke up with a pounding headache that would not allow my eyes to open. I felt around me a little and realised that I was on a cold hard floor. Suddenly the events from earlier flooded back and my eyes flew open. I glanced around and saw that I was in empty room with no winows so that I couldn't tell what time it was or if the sun was even still up. The floor was a dark tile that I couldn't quite tell the color of, and there was a large dark colored door across the room.

      I got up clumsily and stumbled as quickly as I could manage to the door. I tried to turn the knobs but the were locked. I then used my shoulder and rammed into the door as hard as I could. I knew this probably wouldn't work but hey, can't blame a girl for trying. After about 30 minutes I realised that it was useless. I was completely trapped in here until someone let me out.

      I sat there for what felt like hours, I was sure that it was night time by now, and I was exhausted. I leaned back against a wall before sliding down so that I was sitting with my back against it, I didn't even notice my eyelids slowly closing, but just as I was about to doze off I hear a click and the door quickly opened. I jumped up to my feet and stood in the middle of my room in my fighting stance. I just had to hope that my 6 weeks of karate pays off. There were two huge guys that stood in the door frame and it was clear that they worked out, it looked like they were on steroids or something!

      The two goons stood there for what felt like forever before I finaly broke the silence.

      "Okay, why don't you make this easy on yourselves and just get out of my way?" I asked. My words did not sink in. They simply glanced at each other and started stalking towards me. I stood my ground until they were a few feet from me. When they got close I saw the weapoms they had on them. One had two long swords sheathed on his sides, and the other had a small knife in each of his hands and they both looked ready to use their weapons. They saw me observing their weapons and shared a wicked grin before facing back to me.

      "Stay back, I don't want to h-hurt you!" I stuttered. They still have not said anything but continued towards me. I didn't realize that I was backing up until I hit the wall that was behind me. The smirk on their faces grew wider when I realized that I was trapped but little did they know that I was not going down without a fight. I did not have any weapons, and I knew that I was not going to get one of theirs when they were aware of what I was doing.

      It was clear that they are working for someone else, so I decided to fake them out. I made my eyes go wide and stared at the door as if someone was there. Both of them saw my face and turned to look at the door so I took the opportunity to lunge for one of the swords in the belt around one of the gurads. I grabbed the sword and pulled it back to me but to my suprise it was extremely heavy and I barely managed to keep my hands on the hilt as the blade hit the ground with a clang. The guards whirled back around to face me, their smirks gone now replaced with scowls. I jerked the blade of the sword upward and let it fall flat on my shoulder, while almost knocking myself over in the process, and gave them a smirk after I managed to gain my balance.

      "Give it back little girl before we have to hurt you" the guard with only one sword now said.

      "Oh look! You can speak!" I exclaimed putting on a fake smile.

The guard with the knives lunged at me but I jumped to the left just in time still keeping the sword on my shoulder. My small victory was short lived though when I was shoved to the ground causing me to drop the sword. It slid a few feet away so I started to crawl to it but I was yanked back by my hair. I struggled against the hold but it was no use they had an iron grip. I managed to twist around a little and something caught me eye. It was something shiny in the mans boot. I realised that it was a knife, these idiots.

I couldn't help but smirk. I threw my hand out and grabed the hilt that was sticking out and waisted no time plunging the blade into the mans thigh, he fell to the ground with a scream while grabbing his leg.

The other guard who had retrieved the sword roughly grabbed my shoulder and spun me around to face him. "How dare you! You little-" his words were cut short when I took the knife and jabbed it into his arm that was still on my shoulder. He let go and grabbed his arm, with the blade still in it, screaming. I took the chance and bolted to the door.

I shut the dood quickly and locked them in the room. I did it! Now to find a way out of this place...

      I ran toward where I assumed the front door was when I stopped dead in my tracks. There was a huge front door with intricate designs carved into the dark wood. But the doors were not what stopped me. It was the handsom stranger, the one from the mall, the one who kidnapped me, and the one who now was the only one standing in my way of getting out. When he saw me a small smirk made its way onto his face.

      "Finally, your awake"