Chapter 23: Kill or be Killed

"Well, I didn't expect your mate to be this hot"  the creepy guy said with a grin that was so nasty it sent shivers down my spine.

"Leave her out of this Cane!" Blake growled in response.

So thats Cane. Thats the guy that Blake said was so powerful, that is the guy that sent the threat. He doesn't look as mean as I though he would, just creepy and gross. I thought to myself.

"So here's the plan." Cane started.

"I am going to kill you while you're mate watches, and then, I am going to take my sweet time with her before I decide to keep her or kill her." He said with a smirk.

"You lay one finger on her and I will make sure you die a slow painful death!" Blake growled furiously.

"I am not an object, you won't 'take your time with me' and you won't 'keep or kill me', I am taking Blake, and we are going home" I said trying to make myself sound as threatening as possible.

"Feisty, I like it! I may make your mates death quick if you keep that up" Cane replied. "Boys, take her to the basement and tie her to the chair, make sure she can see everything I am doing to her mate.

"Don't touch her!" Blake yelled.

I didn't realize until now that more men had showed up while Cane and I were talking. They had chained Blakes hands and feet together with silver chains like he was some kind of prisoner.

"Why didn't you fight?" I asked him through mind link.

"Cane was making a list of horrible things he would do to you if I didn't allow his men to do this, I am so sorry you are in this mess right now"

"It isn't your fault, you tried your best to keep me at the house, but I got out and I came here by myself." I stated.

Before anything else could be said, We were both being lifted off the ground and carried to a building at the back of the camp that looked abandoned. They took us inside and to the back of the room where there was an old metal door with rust spreading across it. Cane opened the door and held it open for the guys to carry us down the old wood stairs. When we got to the bottom, bright florescent lights light up the room. On the far said of the room, there was a rickets wooden chair against the wall, and that was the only thing in the room.

The guys holding me took me to the chair but didn't tie me up which I found odd, instead they stood beside me, one on each side.

"They won't be tying you up because I want you to sit there and know that you are free to get up as you wish, but you can't do anything to save your mate." Cane said with a sinister grin.

"You sick,twisted, monster" I gritted under my breath.

The guys that brought Blake in threw him against the wall on the other side of the room. I lunged for Cane but the guys that brought me in threw me back down into the chair. When I hit the chair, a weird pain went through my back like I landed on something, and then I remembered the gun I had in my waistband.

I couldn't use it right now, there were to many of them, I wouldn't stand a chance, so I just had to wait until some of them left.

"So, why do you have to have all of these weirdos around? I thought you were supposed to be strong, strong people don't need other people to do their dirty work for them." I stated giving Cane a smirk.

"They were just leavening" Can said glancing over at the guards beside me.

Without another word, all four body guards left , this was perfect. Cane was so full of himself that he actually fell for it!