Chapter 19" Coronation

"Are you ready?" Blake asked looking into my eyes.

"As ready as I will ever be" I replied with a small smile. I knew my smile wasn't very convincing, to say that I was nervouse was an understatement.

"Okay, lets do this" Blake sighed as he linked our arms.

We began walking to the doors where two guards stood. When we got to the doors, the guards bowed their heads in respect, and then began slowly opening the large heavy looking doors.

I nearly froze in place at the sight of what awaited us. There were hundreds of people, who I assumed were the pack memebers. They all sat on wooden benches that were just trees cut in half down the center. There were thousands of red flowers, with spots of gold here and there. Between the benches, there were archways going down the path made up of braches with red roses climbing them, and gold vines twisted up them.

We made our way through the pathway, and stopped when we reached the spot where a man stood.

The man looked quite a bit older than us, and wore a white robe with gold seems.

We stopped infront of the man who gave is a warm smile.

"Welcome alpha! Lets begin" he spoke loudly.

"Today, is the day that our alpha presents his mate to the pack and names her luna" he said loud enough for the whole pack to hear.

"Alpha Blake, if you will please step forward"

Blake released my hand and steped forward a few feet and bowed down so that the guy could put his crown on. It was absolutly beautiful, it was like mine, gold with rubies, but his was more masculine than mine of course.

"Zoe, please step forward."

I took a deep breath as I took the few steps towards the man, when I stopped, the man began to speak again.

"Zoe, do you promise to protect this pack and everyone in it with all that you have, and promise your absolute loyalty to this pack?"

"I do"

Blake turned towards me, so I turned to face him. The man turned around and grabbed something, and when he turned back, I saw a large golden bowel with the design of roses and vines wrapping around it intricately, and a small dagger. The dagger was gold, until you got to the hilt, where it was a cream color behind the same red roses and green vines that were on the bowel.

The man handed Blake the dagger, and held the bowel between us, I looked at Blake trying to hide my confused expresion. I looked down at Blake's hands as he moved, in one slick movement, he sliced his palm. I let out a small gasp at what he had done, and reached out to grab his hand.

When I was about to grab his hand, Blake stopped me.

"Zoe, this is part of the coronation, it's okay, you have to do the same, but I promise it will be okay" he whispered barely loud enough for me to hear it.

Blake handed me the dagger, and I knew I couldn't hesitate or they would think something is wrong.
I took another large breath through my nose, and held it as I sliced my palm. I looked up at Blake as the man took the dagger from me.

Blake had his bloody hand over the bowel, so I did the same. When I reached my hand out, Blake grabbed it in his.

The moment he touched my hand, it was like fireworks exploded from every inch of skin that he was touching, it was nothing like the little tingles that I usually felt, this was amazing!

The moment was short lived when Blake let my hand go, and grabbed one of the towels that the man was now holding for us. I grabbed tbe other and looked down at my hand. I gasped when I saw that the cut I had made moments ago was now gone, and all that was left to show that any blood was spilled, was the blood that was staining my hand, and both mine and Blake's that had dripped into the bowel.