catch?

y/n pov

butch was looking at my outfit, i hated it but at lest it was cute, i mean sure i don't really like actual cute things but this was death so i guess it's cute. we went down for breakfast and mom immediately frowned upon seeing my outfit. she always was judging my taste in stuff but i ignored her and sat down. she had made my favorite egg muffins. butch looked at them questioningly.

"they're egg muffins and really good try them you'll like them." he nodded and sat down eating one.

he smiled at me and said "they are really good"

"told you" i said and playfully punched his arm as my mom glared daggers at me. i stopped and continued to eat. ever since dad left i have started eating less, not enough to starve just less.

"what you want to do today"

"play vid-" i stopped mid-sentence as my mom spoke up interrupting me with a cold hard glare.

"how about you go on a walk near the pond at the park?" she said. i knew i had no choice. i sighed and nodded.

"okay mom we'll do that" butch looked at me questioningly and i nodded to the door, "let's go." he nodded and we left to the pond. as we were walking butch was talking about something but i was zoning out. all of a sudden i hear an obnoxious voice that was familiar. really familiar?

"i know right she is so depressed and she can't go and cry to mommy because she's to busy trying to change her" she said talking on her phone. it was princess morbucks, the girl from my old school and the one in my dream. i pulled butch to the other side of the sidewalk and she didn't even look at me yay.

"what was that about i mean morbucks is a brat but she's not scary." butch questioned.

"easy for you to say she didn't harass you when you just lost your dad to a unknown sickness!" i said holding back tears. he just stared at me and hugged me.

"i'm sorry y/n i didn't know don't cry please don't" i sniffled a little more but soon stopped but still hugged him. he planted a small kiss on my head and held me a little longer.

"get a room you two" i hear bubbles say as she giggle and butch shot her a glare. immediately she stopped but still smiled with giddy. i was so sad right now, i didn't know what to do.

"hey y/n what's wrong?" brick asked coming up.

"i don't want to talk about it" with that he glanced at me suspiciously and said something odd.

"i guess you got a hot catch bro" with that i tried to ignore it but what! catch? ugh i glanced at butch to see him go red and look away quickly. that was confusing.