01

My dad drove up to the front of the school. As he stopped, he turned to me.
"I don't want this happening again, you got it?" I stared at him and nodded. "Go on, kiddo." He chuckled a little after he said that. I grabbed my bag and got out, slamming the door shut.
I blew my bangs out of my face and walked up to the school.
I quickly walked to the media center and took a seat in the back right. I put my bag on one of the chairs and I sat next to it, putting my head down immediately.
I heard more people walking in. After a couple minutes of that, Mr. Vernon walked in. I could tell by his footsteps. How spread out they were. How loud they were. I raised my head and pushed my bangs to the side.
"Well well, here we are. I want to congratulate you for all being on time."
Claire Standish, the popular, rich snob rose her hand. "Excuse me, sir? I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention, but I don't think I belong in here." Vernon ignored her and went back to talking.
"It is now seven-oh-six, you have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. To ponder the error of your ways.."
I saw John Bender spit into the air and catch it. I gagged and looked away.
"And you may not talk. You will not move from these seats." He looked at Bender and pointed at him. "And you.." He pulled the chair from under his legs. "Will not sleep. Alright people, we're gonna try something different. We are going to write an essay- of no less than a thousand words- describing who you think you are."
Bender speaks out of nowhere. "Is this a test?" Vernon ignores his comment as well and passes out loose leaf paper and pencils.
"When I say essay.. I mean essay. I do not mean a single word repeated a thousand times. Is that clear Mr. Bender?"
He snapped his head up and smirked a little. "Crystal."
"Good.. maybe you'll learn a little something about yourself. Maybe you'll even decide.. weather or not you care to return."
Brian Johnson raised his hand then stood up. "You know, I can answer that right now, sir... that'd be a no, no for me 'cause-"
Vernon interrupted him. "Sit down, Johnson." "Thank you sir.." He quickly sat down.
Vernon pointed towards his office. "My office.. is right across the hall. Any monkey business that is ill-advised.."
He looked around at all of us. "Any questions?"
Bender spoke up. "Yeah, I got one." Vernon turned his attention towards him. "Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"
"I'll give you that answer, Mr. Bender, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns." He put his two index fingers on the sides of his head and walked out.
"That man.." Bender said and pointed his finger towards the door. "Is a brownie hound."