04

Bender quickly sits in the seat between Claire and Andrew. He folds his hands on the table like he's some proper person.
Vernon goes back into his office and Bender laughs.
He walked up to the double doors that separate the library from the hallway.
"You know, were not supposed to be any monkey business!"
Bender looked and pointed at Brian.
"Young man, have you finished your paper?" He said, mocking Vernon. He walked up to the door and took out a screw.
"What are you gonna do?" Claire asked.
"Drop dead I hope." Andrew said.
"I wouldn't say that." I spoke up. He turned back to me. "Why is that?"
⚠️Trigger Warning⚠️
"People said it to me.. so I did it." Andrew looked at me with disbelief and Bender spoke up. "Only weirdos like you try to kill themselves."
"I'm not a weirdo, and maybe I attempted to hang myself because pieces of shit like you told me to! Over and over again for years! I couldn't take it anymore! I believed, and still do, that i'm a no good whore who deserves nothing but to die!" I yelled and everyone stayed quiet.
⚠️Trigger Warning Over⚠️
I felt some tears roll down my face. I looked up and everyone was looking at me. "Stop looking at me." I mumbled me I put my head down.

Everyone got distracted until they heard a loud slam. I shot my head up and saw Bender running back to his seat.
"Come on man, fix it." Andrew said.
"You should really fix that!" Brian spoke.
"Am I a genius?" Bender spoke.
"No, you're an asshole!" Andrew yelled.
"What a funny guy!"
"Fix the door, Bender!"
"Everyone just shh!"
They started whispering.
"I've been here before, I know what i'm doing!"
"No! Fix the door, get up there and fix it!"
Bender screamed. "Shut up!"
Vernon stormed in.
"Why is that door closed?"
Nobody answered him.
"Why is that door closed?" He asked a little more loudly than before.
"How are we supposed to know? We're not supposed to move, right?" Bender said with a smartass tone.
Vernon turned to Claire. "Why?" She was definitely gonna exploit Bender.
"We were just sitting here like we're supposed to.."
Vernon looked at all of us.
"Who closed that door?"
"I think a screw fell out of it."
"The door just closed sir.."
Vernon looked at me. "Who?" I made weird noise and just stayed looking forward at him.
"She doesn't talk, sir." Andrew spoke up.
He turned to Bender. "Give me that screw."
"I don't have it."
"You want me to yank you out of that seat and shake it out of you?"
"I don't have it, screws fall out all the time, the worlds an imperfect place."
"Give it to me Bender.." Vernon sounded really mad.
"Excuse me, sir, why would anyone want to steal a screw?"
Vernon turned his attention to Claire.
"Watch it, young lady.
He walks over to the door and puts a folding chair in front of it to keep it open.
"The door's too heavy, sir."
The door slammed shut and everyone started giggling.
"God damnit!" He walked back in and turned to Andrew. "Andrew Clark! Get up here.. come on, front and center, lets go."
I watched them take the magazine rack and put it in front of the door. I spaced out.
I would never have a chance with Andrew, why would an athlete go out with a.. a loner? A person who matters to nobody. If it ever did happen, it would be because of a dare from one of his stupid friends.
I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Andrew trying to climb over, but fall.
"That's very clever sir, but what if there's a fire? I think violating fire codes endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this juncture if your career, sir."
Vernon turned to Andrew. "Alright, what are you doing with this? Get this outta here for gods sake! What's the matter with you? Come on!" He put all the blame on Andrew.
"You know, the school comes equipped with fire exits at either end of the library." Bender glares daggers at him.
"Show dick some respect!"
Andrew and Vernon came walking back to the main part of the library.
"Lets go.. go! Get back into your seat."
He paused for a little moment. "I expected more from a varsity letterman! And you," He pointed at Bender. "You're not fooling anyone, Bender! The next screw that falls out will be you!"
"Eat. My. Shorts." He said under his breath. Vernon turned around sharply. "What was that?"
"Eat. My. Shorts!" Bender yelled.
"You just bought yourself another Saturday, mister!"
"Oh, christ." I sighed, knowing this would go on for a little bit.
"You just bought another one right there!"
"Well, i'm free the Saturday after that, ill have to check my calendar beyond that!"
"Good! 'Cause it'll be filled, we'll keep going! You want another one? Just say the word. Instead of going to prison, you'll go here! Are you through?"
"No!"
"I'm doing society a favor!"
"So?"
"That's another one! I've got you for the rest of your natural born life, you want another one?"
"Yes!"
"You got it! That's another one, another one pal!"
"God, please help me." I whispered to myself.
Claire whispered "Cut it out!" and mouthes the word "Stop" to him.
"You through?"
"Not even close."
"Good! You got another one right there!"
"Do you really think I give a shit?"
"Another. Are you through yet?"
"How many is that?"
"That's seven, including the one when we first got here." Brian spoke up.
"Now it's eight."
"Excuse me, sir, it's seven."
"Shut up, peewee! You're mine Bender, mine for two months. I gotcha! I gotcha!"
"What can I say? I'm thrilled!"
"I'm sure that's exactly what you want people to believe. You know something, Bender? You ought to spend a little more time trying to do something with yourself and a little less time trying to impress people. You might be better off."
Vernon turned his attention to all of us.
"Alright, that's it! I'm gonna be right outside those doors. The next time I have to come in here. I'm gonna have to crack skulls!"
He turned and left, and the door slammed shut.
"Fuck you!" Bender screamed.