06

"What's your name?" Claire spoke.
"What's yours?"
"Claire."
"Ka.. laire?"
"Claire. It's a family name."
"No.. it's a fat girls name."
"Well.. Thank you.."
"You're welcome."
"She isn't fat." I spoke up. Bender glared at me and turned back to Claire.
"Thank you.." She paused, she didn't know my name. "It's Danielle."
"Danielle." She repeated and turned her attention towards Bender. She was about to speak, before he interrupted her.
"Well not at present, I could see you really pushing maximum density! You see.. I'm not sure if you know this, but there's two kinds of fat people. There's fat people who were born fat, and fat people who were once thin, but became fat. So, you see them and see, sorta a thin person inside of them! You see, you're gonna get married, you're gonna squeeze out a few puppies, then, uh.."
He mimed becoming fat, making weird noises. Claire flipped him off.
"Oh.. obscure finger from such a pristine girl!"
"I'm not that pristine!"
He leaned over her shoulder. I made a weird noise and hid my face.
"Are you a virgin? I'll bet a million dollars that you are! Let's end the suspense! Is it gonna be.." He paused for a couple of seconds.
"A white weddin?"
"Why don't you just shut up?" Claire spoke, sounding a little annoyed.
"Have you ever kissed a boy on the mouth? Have you ever been felt up? Over the bra, under the blouse, shoes off, hoping to God your parents don't walk in?"
"Do you want me to puke?"
"Over the panties, no bra, blouse unbuttoned, Calvin's in a ball on the front seat past eleven on a school night?"
"Leave her alone!" Andrew said. I peeked my head up so I could see everything.
Bender turned towards him. "I said leave her alone!"
"You gonna make me?"
"Yeah."
Bender walked over towards Andrew.
"You and how many of your friends?"
"Just me, you and me. Two hits. He hitting you and you hitting the floor! Anytime you're ready, pal!"
Bender goes to hit him, but Andrew got him down.
"I don't want to get into this with you."
Andrew stood up. "Why not?"
Bender stood up. "Cause i'd kill you.. it's real simple. I'd kill you and your fucking parents would sue me and it would be a big mess and I don't care enough about you to bother."
"If you didn't care about him you would kill him." I spoke up and he turned towards me. He pulled out a switchblade and does a motion pretending to stab me, then turns around and stabs it into the chair.
"Let's end this. You don't talk to her, you don't look at her, you don't even think about her! You understand me?"
"I'm trying to help her!"