Epilogue

With the implementation of Reinaldo's plans, Earth was in a state of relative peace, although it was far from perfect. Isolated rebellions still emerged on occasion, but the effects of the war had largely subsided. Under Reinaldo's leadership, Earth became a prominent member of the larger galactic community, maintaining free trade and travel arrangements with the other members of the Confederation. With less of a state of urgency, Reinaldo was able to take a somewhat more passive role in world affairs, allowing him to devote more attention to Norabel and their young children, Dmitri, Natalya, Alexander, and Genevieve.

Jared became increasingly active in government affairs, handling matters that Reinaldo and Norabel did not regard as worthy of their time or attention. Nikita and Vladimir lived and worked full-time in Moscow, while Rico, Satori, Henrietta, and Leona continued to live aboard El Leon. Chikara and Yoko maintained their friendship with Reinaldo, despite feeling uneasy about many of his actions.

Yuki, Lida, and Zorislava relocated to Dublin after the invasion of Japan, and stayed after the war was over. Lida and Yuki did their best to raise Zorislava responsibly and respectfully.

Zwoylemft, Alice, Hendrika, Pwalvaserk, and Iminathi settled on Eenryta, while Susan and Devara continued searching for their parents with Leith's assistance. Simón and Mirtille went on adventures together with Santiago and Untitled throughout the galaxy, all the while evading Jennifer's pursuit.

On Mars, Fubuki and Arashi continued their governmental duties. With Parliament called back to order, Reginald finally took his position as Prime Minister. Hadassah, however, sought to pursue other interests, but still hoped to do what she could to ensure that Mars and the rest of the Solar System would maintain good relations with Earth.

Nathan resigned from his office as Secretary-General of the United Galactic Confederation to spend time with his reunited family. He was suspicious of Seraphim's intentions, as were Mara, Ja, Io, and Ur. However, having Seraphim with them meant that at least they could monitor her behavior.

Mirienna found her new job to be profoundly boring, and she immediately abandoned it when the Intergalactic Trading Corporation came under attack from the Ameajfeiaiaw Empire, fleeing to Mara's Planet to be with Seraphim. Under the leadership of Yidkertjiok Levorpximof, the Confederation strongly condemned the invasion and imposed economic sanctions while formally severing the already defunct diplomatic relations with the Empire.

This book may be over, but the story is just beginning! Another book is already underway! Here's a preview:

The war was over.

World War V had brought devastation to the planet. Extensive purges, major restructuring of society and government, and much rebuilding followed.

For better or for worse, Earth was united under the rule of one government, although most of its functions were decentralized, managed by semi-autonomous local authorities.

After joining the United Galactic Confederation, Earth quickly became a prominent member of the larger galactic community.

Three years had passed since the war ended, and for the vast majority of the populace, life had never been better. Earth was in a state of relative peace, although it was still far from perfect.