Chapter 20: Genuine Smile Pt.2

-S T I N G P O V-

It's night time already. I'm in bed with Lector, who is fast asleep, already. I kept turning in my bed, trying to get comfy. Well.... it didn't work. So I went to take a little walk, in the neighboring town, where the girls are still staying over at Yukino's .

The night breeze against my skin is refreshing. I looked up at the sky to see a big full moon. It's quite a beauty to see, the light shining from it, the translucent little lights from the stars, in the dark of night.

I turned to walk back to the guild, until I spotted a familiar figure with blonde hair glowing from the moonlight. It was blondie.

She turned to my direction, and then noticed me. She then smiled and waved to me. I walked up to where she was, on a bridge, water reflecting the moon, the stars, and us.

"Can't sleep, huh." Blondie said looking down at the water.

"Yeah, not comfortable in my bed. How about you?" I replied back with an answer.

"Yeah, me too." She said still looking at the water.

I looked down at the water, also, only to find our reflections staring back at us.

"Well I should head back." Blondie said moving in the opposite direction of where I was headed to before.

"Hey, watch your step!" I said, but then she tripped.

I ran to catch her. I did successfully catch her in time, but then we headed downwards.

"BONK!"

We both fell on the ground. But I took on the fall, protecting blondie in my arms.

"Ah! I'm so sorry! You got hurt because of me! I'm really-" Blondie tried to say but got cut off by me.

"It's okay. I don't mind at all." I replied smiling.

"But-" I cut her off again.

"No buts, I have fallen harder than this. So, it's no biggie." I say, still smiling.

"Well, okay then. Thank you." Blondie said smiling.

But, her smile was genuine. And the moonlight shining on her perfectly shows it.

"Well, goodnight blondie." I said, then kissed her forehead.

"Wha..." Blondie said, blushing from my actions.

Too cute. Her reactions towards me. WAIT..... WHAT AM I THINKING. But, I still feel at ease with her.

"Bye bye, Sting. See you later." Lucy said standing up.

"Bye, blondie." I said waving to her, after I got up.

So, we went on our separate ways. I found myself more sleepy now, could it be because of blondie? Or maybe that little walk in the town. I figure it out later, right now I need sleep.

-T O B E C O N T I N U E D-