Miss independant | 2

Watching his back as he wondered off into the parking lot.

Adrian

The name kept ringing in my head.

OMG Jayla I remembered ,reaching for my phone in the front by the gears. Grabbing it and dialing her number, she answered after 4 rings.

"If you tell me your at home, your dead" she threatened.

"Most people say hello,but that could work too and no I'm not at home ,I'm the car park and I'll be in a while" I replied.

"Alright, baby girl, be quick, Lorenzo is getting on my last damn nerve!" she exclaimed.

"Ignore the loser",I laughed.

She laughed back," byeee".

"See ya!!", I yelled. Hanging up Just as I saw Adrian walking towards me with a black toiletry bag in his arm.

"How are you holding up?", he said crouching down and resting my injured foot on his knee, locking my eyes with his as he gave me a smile, while I gave him one of my own.

Glancing at my foot he said " it's a deep cut, not too bad so you won't need stitches or anything , I will just clean it and cover it up with a plaster and you'll be good to go", he shot me another pearly white smile.

"Thank you very much, Adrian,If I can call you by your first name that is?" I asked.

"Why not?, Its the least I can do besides I'm the one that bumped into you."He replied "what's your name if I may ask"?

"It's Milagros, but its quiet hard to remember so please call me Mila" I told him.

"Milagros... it's beautiful" he complimented, looking straight into my eyes.

Making me blush, even though the red coloring wouldn't show on my slightly tan skin color.

He chuckled," All done", he said as he stood up "where are your shoes"?, he questioned.

Knowing I couldn't wear heels I would have to wear sneakers which I knew I had in my trunk. I was the type of girl that could have 10 different shoes in her trunk not even knowing how they got there in the first place.

"It's alright, I can get them myself" I said ,lowering myself from my seat, before my feet could reach the ground large hands lifted me back up to the seat from my waist.

"You could cut yourself again, I'll handle it", he spoke ever so gently.

"Ah okay , their in the trunk, the white NMDs", I called out, as he opened the trunk to my car.

Adrian closed it and came back with the sneakers in his hands.

Finding some socks in the b.f.s backpack, just my luck.

Slipping them on before turning back to Adrian only to find him staring at me.

To my surprise , he crouched down again and began to slip the shoes onto my feet making sure to tie the laces.

Where has this man been for the last 5 years of my life?

Once he was done he got up ,dusting his black jeans, offered me his hand and helped me down.