Chapter 1: Past

"N-NO WAY! Kotori-chan you've got your quirk!" Honoka shouted excitedly as Kotori looked at her hands, as they glowed. Her eyes then sparkled.

"I-i've got my quirk!" Kotori then repeated what Honoka said as she looked at her excitedly. Honoka and Umi both nodded their heads with overjoy for their friend. "What should we do!?"

"Let's go show your parents!" Honoka said excitedly. Kotori nodded her head.

"And then tommorow at school you can show everyone!" Umi added. They then began running over to Kotori's house. Kotori looked at herself in the window of her house as it showed her reflection from how dark it was outside. She was still glowing, as she saw herself she felt an overwhelming joy as she couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. They then went inside her house.

"You got your quirk already? You just turned five!" Her mom said suprised, but happy.

"Amazing, is my little bird gonna be a hero now?" Her dad asked as her crouched and petted her head. Kotori's eyes then sparkled as she nodded her head, while looking at Honoka and Umi.

"Yeah!!" Kotori exclaimed, but then she felt her body beginning to heat up. The others began to notice her uncomfortableness.

"What's wrong sweetie?" Her mom asked concerned.

"I feel like I'm burning up..." Kotori answered beginning to sweat. Her mom then looked at her dad.

"You're probably running a fever from being so excited," her dad said as he was about to put a hand on her forehead to check her temperature, but as soon as he touched her forehead he jerked his hand back and nearly hit Honoka in the face, but she instantly moved her head to the right to dodge his hand. "Hot!" He said. "I think your quirk's reaching it's limits," he then said.

"Forever!?" Umi and Honoka asked concerned. Umi then began sweating as she looked at Kotori concerned. As her sweat dropped it didn't fall on the ground but rather gathered in one spot as it levitated. Honoka was the first to notice.

"Umi-chan? Are you doing that?" Honoka asked pointing under Umi's fist where her sweat was gathering. Umi then looked suprised at her little water ball she made.

"Did I do that?" She then moved her fist and the water followed, so then she made it splashed onto Kotori which immediately evaporated as it hit her skin. Her parents then became more concerned.

"She's burning even more, we've got to get some help," Kotori's mom said. "I'm sorry but is it all right if you girls go back home? We're going to have to take Kotori to the hospital," Honoka and Umi nodded their heads, before walking out the door. As they did Umi looked back.

"I hope Kotori's going to be all right she looked really scared," Umi said.

"Yeah me too, but...you've got your quirk now!" Honoka then exclaimed while grabbing onto Umi's hands. Umi then looked at her excitedly and nodded her head.

"But it's kind of gross...I mean I use my sweat..." Umi then said. Honoka shook her head.

"I think it's super cool! I can't wait to see what I have!" Honoka said happily and Umi then squeezed her hands.

"Me too! You have to make sure Kotori and I are the first ones to see your quirk!" Umi said. Honoka nodded her head and smiled.

"It's a promise!"

~Later That Night~

Honoka was helping her mother with the Homura family owned Bakery.

"Honoka could you help me with this?" Honoka's mother said from the kitchen.