Side Story: Yumi and Seira's Story

"Of course all of you will be requesting to join hero academy's!!" Yumi and Seira's teacher shouted excitedly, as everyone began to cheer. However Yumi never cheered. She then looked over to her best friend, Seira, who was smiling brightly as she was also cheering along with her classmates.

~After School~

"Hey Seira, have you decided on which school you're going to apply for?" Yumi asked as she and Seira started to walk home. Seira then looked at the sky as she thought. She then looked back at Yumi with a sheepish smile.

"Well I kind of already applied for Yuuei..." Seira began scratching her cheek nervously.

"Have you gotten the results back?"

"Yeah... And I didn't get in..." Seira said, her confidence leaving her mouth as she said those last words. Yumi then looked at the ground in silence.

"Why did you apply if you knew what the results were going to be?" Yumi asked.

"Because...I already knew about you..." Seira said. Yumi then looked up at Seira. "I know that you got a recommendation there and I wanted to go with you. But...I guess just turning in an application form and thinking that you can get in easily doesn't work that way, does it?"

Yumi then looked back down while she clenched her fist.

"Then is this the last time we'll be seeing each other?" Yumi asked as they stopped at a vending machine. Seira then chuckled a little.

"Of course not. Best friends can't stop seeing each other just because of a little obstacle like this." Seira then put her hand on the glass of the machine and two drinks came falling down to the bottom of the machine. She then grabbed the two drinks and handed one of them to Yumi. "At least I hope not."

Yumi took the warm can from her hand and read the cover while sweatdropping.

"Red bean soup?" Yumi asked looking up at Seira who smiled innocently.

"Yup! It's your punishment for finding out I didn't make it to U.A! And you have to drink it all or else I would have just wasted my quirk!"

"Fine fine, I got it." Yumi cracked open the top of the lid and gulped, before she took a sip of the substance. Seira then began laughing as Yumi started to make a disgusted face.

"You know I'm really going to miss these moments with you. But we both live two completely different worlds, so it's only natural that something like this would happen." Seira said smiling softly as the sun started to disappear and the night began to take over.

"Seira-" Yumi began as she started to notice a tear beginning to form in the corner of Seira's eyes.

"Hey let's go for a swing! Just like old times!" Seira said pointing at the swing set that the two of them used to swing on as kids. Yumi then followed Seira to one of the swings and sat down in it as the two swang for hours, perfectly in sync with one another.

~About Midnight At Yumi's Room~

Yumi continued to stare at the ceiling above her, as she laid in bed. She then thought about her time with Seira, and the things she said. She sat up and walked over to her desk, before turning on the desk light, where her letter from U.A sat. She then picked it up and grabbed her other applications form that her school gave her and the rest of her classmates. There was a list of all the closest hero academy's on it and she began reading the list.

U.A Academy
UTX Academy
Seiran Academy
Otonokizaka Academy

Yumi grabbed her phone that was laying next to her lamp, and unlocked it, going to her messages and clicking on the most recent person she had texted.

Hey Seira, which school did you apply for?

Yumi hit send and waited for Seira's reply, which came almost instantly.

Hmm..I was thinking about Seiran High...

Another message came quickly after that.

Why?

Yumi then froze as she found the right excuse, but decided to keep it simple.

Just wondering

Yumi then sighed and looked back at her application form, she took out a pen and circled in Seiran High's printed name. She then turned off her light and went to bed.

~The Day of the Entrance Exam~

Seira woke up to the sound of her alarm and turned it off. Lazily sitting up, revealing her bedhead. She then went and began her usual morning schedule to get ready for school.

"I'm heading out!" Seira called out as she began putting on her shoes.

"Bye! Good luck with your entrance exam!" Her mom responded.

"Be careful!" Her dad then added.

"Good luck!!" Her little brother also said before stuffing his face with more food.

Seira then smiled.

"Thanks, will do!" She then opened the door and ran down her front steps, where Yumi was waiting for her.

"There you are." Yumi said smiling. Seira then smiled back.

"Thanks for waiting for me, but aren't you going to be late for your entrance exam?"

Yumi then froze as she felt sweat beginning to form on her palms.

"Ahaha, about that...I rejected their proposal." Yumi said rubbing the back of her neck. Seira's eyes widened.

"W-was it because of me?" Yumi pursed her lips together and looked at the ground. Seira then opened her mouth to say something.

"If anything it's because of my own selfishness."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Seira then asked surprised. Yumi looked up from the ground and met eye to eye with the shorter girl.

"I don't want to be a hero if you're not there with me." Yumi said plainly. Seira then blushed a little. As she did Yumi covered her mouth with her hand and also blushed as she realized what she said. Seira then giggled and smiled at Yumi.

"I'm glad you feel that way. I feel the same way." Seira said smiling with a red face, before grabbing Yumi's hand.

"Oi, Seira what are you-?" Yumi started saying, but Seira then started running.

"Come on! We don't want to be late for the bus, right?! We gotta entrance exam to pass!" Seira said happily looking back. Yumi then smiled and got a better grip of Seira's hand, before running faster to match Seira's tempo.

Authors Notes

Hey guys looks like I managed to finish two chapters!!! I hope you guys like it! And yes if you haven't noticed already I hardcore ship these two 😂😂. Anyways I hope you guys likes this chapter and I hope to see you in the next!