🌓Chapter Five🌓

Uriah leads me towards our house, I don't bother to look up and around and smile at everyone I pass because I'm currently shitting myself. If Uriah looks worried then it's gonna be bad, real bad. Lydia knows better than to start conversation because at a time like this she always rambles which makes me even more nervous. She walks next to me though holding my hand, Justin is next to her and I know they are debating about what this could be about and how I would react.

I rush inside the house and lean against the counter, tapping my nails against it. It's a habit, I always do it when I'm nervous. Dads second in command (beta) comes in and nods to me indicating that I can go into the meeting room. I look at Uriah silently asking him to come with me which he does. The meeting room was packed with Dads Betas and subordinates (trusted members of the pack). I quickly take my place next to Nico and the meeting begins.

"As some of you are aware the pack have said that they have smelled intruders and some have even had sightings of the rival pack" my dad says looking at me before continuing. I panic instantly, what would they do if they found Adrian. "there have been complaints that no one feels safe anymore and are scared of what might happen to the kids if a fight were to break out. We are having this meeting to discuss what we should do about this situation" he finishes looking to someone to state their opinion.

"Who has seen the rival pack?" I ask puzzled, I know for a fact that Adrian comes alone and he knows how to hide himself. I wouldn't be surprised if someone was making it up.

"Kent and his wife" my dad says hesitantly. Kent is one of dad's betas, I'm pretty sure he's only a beta because his and dad's parents were friends and dad felt sorry for him.

"How many wolves did you see Kent" Nico asks.

"Uh about 4" he says "they could have attacked my family at any given moment" he adds.

"That's weird" Nico says tilting his head to the side. "Everyone here only ever smelt one wolf not four". Uriah smirks when Kent goes red in the face from fury.

"It was dark I could've mistaken the numbers" he says stupidly, my dad raises his eyebrow questionably. Honestly dad is stupid to believe one word that came out of his mouth. Kent and his family loathes the rival pack, of course he's gonna make up shit to stir up trouble.

"So how do we know that you actually saw any wolves?" Uriah asks.

"Children enough. We know there was an intruder by scent it doesn't matter if we saw any at this point" dad says.

"We should set up patrols" one of the subordinates says, I recognise it to be Milo's mum. I nod agreeing with her, it seems like the most sensible choice in my opinion.

"No we should make a stand. They are punishing us because your children crossed into their territory, they are trying to scare us. We need to show them who the superior pack is" Kent says standing and slamming his hand down onto the desk.

"Sit down Kent" my mum says rolling her eyes, he bows before taking his seat. Suck up.

"I think a patrol is a good idea. That way we aren't jumping to conclusions" I say honestly, is it because I'm hoping to see Adrain? Nope.

"I agree" Nico says smiling at me. "We can take first watch" he offers, I nod my head agreeing.

"No" my dad snaps. He coughs awkwardly before saying "The young won't be patrolling" I frown, typical. "We need the best to protect us"

"We are the strongest here!" Uriah says referring to me, Nico and himself. I try to hide my laugh when everyone gives him a glare, especially Kent.

"Does anyone have any other ideas" dad says ignoring Uriah. Everyone stays silent and a furrow my eyebrows, most of the time they are arguing and now they aren't even voicing their opinions, weird.