The One

You said "Yes" or I said "Yes" or we said "Yes". That doesn't matter anymore because now I can finally say that you are my girl.

Maine Mendoza is my girl and there will be no one else but her.

How can there be anyone else? I have never felt so strongly about any other woman in my life. The love I feel for you is more than I can ever fathom and all the other emotions that come with it is far beyond my understanding.

You make me proud of your audacity in your winning performances and fear for your safety at the same time. You make me want to jump up then yell for you to stop and also cheer for you to continue.

You are the only person who can enrage and hurt me one second then appease and exhilarate me the next.You are the only one who can make me grin and sob, laugh and cry all at the same time for many contradicting reasons.

I don't know. I can't explain it but you drive me crazy... good crazy, Maine Mendoza and I could not be happier.

"Congratulations ulit." I tell you when we meet backstage. "I'm so proud of you."

I take your hand and smile at you though what I really want to do is hug your really tight and kiss you but I can't. No one knows that we are officially together. We haven't told anyone yet and we agreed to keep our relationship a secret to protect our privacy.

"Thank you." You say and pull your hand away from my grasp.

You then proceed to fixing the items in your bag without looking at me. I don't want to think much about it. You're probably just adjusting to the realization of our new secret relationship in such a public setting. It has only been a few days. Of course that was it.

You grab a towel and your vanity kit then start walking to the backstage bathroom. You still don't spare me a glance or even a word and I start to panic.

Ano na naman bang nagawa ko? Galit ka ba? Malungkot? Di ba dapat masaya? You just won the grandfinals. Okay naman tayo kanina. You even smiled and hugged me when I walked over to congratulate you and comfort you because you were close to tears earlier.

"Maine..." I hold your wrist as you are walking past me to stop you. "Can we talk?"

You finally look at me and whisper. "Not here. Mamaya na."

"Here. Now." I tell you firm in a firm whisper. "I'm done not talking. I'm done guessing, Maine. Boyfriend mo ako, dapat pinaguusapan natin to."

"Ssshhh..." You look around the room and find that everyone else is busy. "Okay. We'll talk but later. I have to get ready for an event, okay? Dinner after at my place."

I sigh and let your hand go. "Okay. Sorry if I flared up again. See you later."

"Okay." You say and turn to leave.

"Maine?" I call after you.

You look over your shoulder.

"Okay tayo di ba?"

Please say yes because I fear losing you the most. I can't be without you. Hindi ko na ma-imagine ang buhay ko na wala ka.

You smile and nod your head. "Oo naman."

//

I have been thinking about you the whole afternoon and evening even as I was buying the food for dinner. You were still on my mind as I played a few rounds of games on the Xbox with your brother, Dean.

I keep thinking about you as Mama Ten helps me set up the table for our meal and almost jump to the door when I read your text saying that you are already in the elevator.