Clingy Bae

November 4, 2017, 9 pm:

"Love, anong oras nga ang flight mo bukas?" You asked.

"Gabi pa, Love." I answered nonchalantly.

"Ang vague ng sagot ah." You laughed. "Parang ayaw sagutin."

"Actually ayaw ko umalis. Sabihin mo, ayaw mo akong paalisin." I held your hand and looked into your eyes as we beside each other during dinner.

"Ano ba?" You giggled. "What's gotten into you? After mong magpatulong sa akin na mag-empake ng gamit mo, you'll ask me to stop you from leaving? No. I won't do that. Kung ako ang iniisip mo, I'm fine with all this. Naiintindihan ko na you have to leave. I understand that whatever you have to do is work. Just work. When it comes to that, ayokong makialam."

"When it comes to us, makikialam ka?" I sighed.

"Of course. Ano ba talagang nangyayari sa'yo?" You frowned, you turned to face me completely, holding both of my hands in yours, looking intently at me. Our dinner totally forgotten.

"I just feel like I'm being a really terrible fiancé. Lagi na lang kulang ang oras ko sa'yo." I said sullenly as I touched your face.

"Sino bang nagsabi sa'yo niyan? I'm not complaining." You smiled.

"Because you're patient and understanding and the most incredible woman in the world, that's why you never complain pero ako mismo nabibitin sa oras nating magkasama eh. Wala lang akong magawa sa mga trabaho na naka-schedule na."

"Love..." You gently touched my cheek, ran your soft palm on my skin then cupped my jaw. "It's not how much time we spend together, it's how we spend it. Ngayon, if you would rather na mag-dramahan tayo instead of making the most of our time by actually being happy together, pwede din naman." You chuckled.

I smiled. You always knew the right things to say and do to make me smile. "How did I get so lucky?" I closed my eyes and touched our foreheads together with my hand on your nape, feeling your warm breath on my lips.

"I ask myself the same thing." You whispered. "I love you."

"I love you... more and more and more." I uttered as I inched my lips closer to yours then kissed you gently. "Come with me." I smiled after our kiss.

"Huh? Saan?"

"Sa bahay. Sama ka sa akin. We'll have tonight and the whole day tomorrow to spend together. We can do anything you want, watch movies, play with the dogs, bake, hang out with my sisters, get massages or just cuddle together sa balcony habang nanonood ng ulan." I squeezed your hand and stared at you pleadingly. "Nami-miss ka na din nila doon. Please, Love. Ayoko munang malayo sa'yo."

"Sige." You smiled. "But you have to ask Tatay first."

"Of course. Wait lang." I smiled and dialed your home phone number in Bulacan.

You watched me with eyes sparkling with excitement as I talked to both Nanay and Tatay who agreed when I asked if could spend the night in Laguna.

"Okay na?" You asked me with wide eyes.

"Yes! Let's go." I declared and excitedly jumped out of my seat.

"Teka lang!"

"Bakit? Ayaw mo bang sumama?"

"Gusto. Excited nga ako eh."

"O bakit di ka pa kasi tumatayo diyan?"

"Gusto ko muna kasi ng kiss." You grinned and pulled my hand with surprising strength that made me lean down and kiss you deeply, cradling your face in my hands.

********

Unbeta'ed and not proofread. Thank you for reading. ❤️