Chapter 0 (Intro)

David's pov

I woke up in the morning. Happy and motivated as ever. Ok... maybe not 'as ever'. I felt kinda down in the past days. Especially right after my girlfriend broke up with me for another guy. But I'm over it now. I realized that we didn't fit together anyway. She was just too... harsh.

Anyway I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. I fixed myself and was ready for the day.

I was about to walk out of my cabin as I saw the old employment papers from daniel on the table. I got a strange feeling in my stomach.
I should've thrown those away weeks ago but...
I don't know why I never did it.

I lost no more thought on it and went to the mess haul to prepare breakfast for the campers.

-Timeskip-

I felt a little wired during the day. I got a bad headache but I drank enough water and stood out of the sun a little. I hid my pain from the kids, I don't want to worry anybody. I just hoped, I won't get sick.

In the middle of the day, when the kids were distracted by an activity, Gwen got me a few meters away from the groop.
"Are you alright?"
She asked me quietly. I looked confused at her.
"S-sure! Why are you asking?"
"Because you look really tired. Did you even sleep last night?"
I look tired? What?
"Erm... yeah. I slept well. Don't worry."
"Yeah bu-"

She got interrupted by a kid screaming because space kid tried to eat something none-eatable again.
"We'll talk later!" She said and went to space kid to get him away from whatever he wanted to eat.

I was a bit confused but after a few seconds I went back to the group with all my happyness.

-Timeskip-

After the last activity was done and we brought the kids to go to bed, I fell tired into my bed. From my bed I could've seen the papers on the table and my thoughts snapped back to Daniel.
He was nice. I've to admit that. I really liked him. If only a few things would've gone better. I hope he's fine. I never heard of him again. Even if  I brought him some flowers and a 'get well soon' card. But he was sleeping when I visited him.

I sighed and turned around to finally get some rest. After half an hour of just rolling around in my bed, I fell asleep and dreamed peacefully.