Chapter 5 (glowing ashes)

David's pov

I woke up by a loud banging on my door.
"David! Open that door now! It's fucking 9am."
I jumped out of my bed, ran to the door and tiredly mumbled down an apology.
"S-sorry gwen. I t-totally forgot time! I'm sorry."

I realized that she looks at me like she has seen a ghost.
"What?"
"Y-you..."
I started to realize.
"*gasp* did it got worse?!"
She just nodded. I ran to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

It has now started to affect my face too. It's already at the corner of my left eye.
"Oh dear..."
"The kids can't see you like this." Gwen stood suddenly beside of me.
"B-but gwen..."
"No buts. They probably would get scared if they see you."
"But what am I supposed to do the hole day?"
"I don't know. Read a book or something. I have to watch over the campers now before they do something stupid"

I tried to argue with her but she was already out of the door.

I sighed as I sat on my bed.
I'm still really tired. I guess I could sleep for a little longer.
I layed back in my bed and soon after, I fell asleep again.

As I woke up again, it was late afternoon. My head was pounding and my body felt numb. I had to wait a little before I could stand up. I went in the bathroom to drink a glass of water. I still wasn't really hungry, I think I really might get sick.

I sat on my bed again, facing the window. I watched the campers play outside and gwen trying to keep herself together.
Why does this happen to me?
I mean, gwen would be happy to take a day off. I wanna go outside and do stuff, not stay in here until it eventually gets better.
I wish Daniel was here...

Wait! What?!
Why do I think of him so much? And why do I miss him? Sure he was nice , beside the little song battle but I just saw him for one day.
I don't even know where he is right now.

I sighed.
Why do I ask myself so many questions that I don't know the answer to...
I could get some advice from gwen. Maybe she's gonna check on me tomorrow again.

The sun began to sink and the campers went all to thier tents. After a few minutes of silence I went to my door and opened it. Breathing in the fresh air of the forest.
God, I love this place!
I stepped outside of my cabin and wandered around for a little.
I walked over to the fireplace. I could still see the glowing of the ashes. It softly lit the place up a bit. It felt kinda... romantic?

I sat down on one of the benches. Still enjoy the smell of the pinetrees as I heard a raddle in the bushes. I looked shocked in the direction from where the sound came from. I had to admit, I was pretty scared.

I heard a familiar voice saying:
"What are you doing out here, david?"

I sighed in relief as I saw the person.
Thank god, It's just gwen.

"I needed fresh air, I can't stay in a room for so long."
"But... are you feeling ok?"
She sat beside of me.
"Yeah, just not that much energy. I'm sure it's gonna be fine."
"Alright..."

There was a long moment of silence between us until my voice broke it.
"Hey gwen?"
"What is it?"
"I... erm... kinda..." I laughed out of embarrassment.
"Eh... do you have those moments too when you... constantly thinking about someone and you can't forget them?"

She looked confused in my direction.
"Sometimes. I think, yeah."
"And... is there anything you can do about it?"
"I don't know. A movie night with just me and a hot cacao helps me mostly.
But, why do you wanna forget them?"
"I... I just don't know them that well yet and I don't even know where he is and I don't have his number but... It's just wierd..."
"So... It's a guy you're talking about."
She smirked and my face went red.

"E-erm... I... e... yes..."
"Aw. You don't have to be ashamed of that. Who is it?"
"I don't wanna talk about it..."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I went a bit too far there."
"It's fine."
"But if you can't forget him..."
She stood up from the bench.
"Just think about that you don't need him. You're strong enough without him. You can do this!"

I smiled a little.
"Thanks gwen."
"No Problem. But I really have to go to bed now. Those kids were just... urg!"
"Ok. Good night gwen."
"Good night."

And with that, she was gone and the dimm lighting of the ashes too. Both, leaving me in the dark