Chapter 2 (thoughts)

David's pov

I didn't questioned my thoughts any longer and went back to the mess haul again. I just hoped that the kids won't see the flowers and make fun of me.

As I arrived at the mess haul, gwen was already leading the kids out of it. I watched the kids go back to thier tents to get themselves going for the day. I suddenly heard a very familiar voice from the ground.
"Hey! Girlyscream?!"
"O-oh hey max."
It took a few seconds for me to process the insult.
"Hey. That wasn't really nice..."
"Whatever! What was that scene you pulled of earlier? Afraid to lose your flowers?" He said in a mocking way.
I blushed a little and tried to sound confident.

"N-No! I just..."
I couldn't think fast enough of a good excuse so I just:
"J-just, forget about it."
And I stormed off.
Why does max have to be so mean...

Gwen walked over to me.
"So... what activities did we plan today again?"
"Erm. I think it was going to the beach because it was so hot the past days."
I said with enthusiasm and a smile.
"Sounds fine. I'm gonna tell them that they have to put on thier swim stuff."
"Thank you gwen. I'm gonna change my clothes myself then."
"Alright." She said already tired and went to the tents herself.

I went to my cabin. I didn't felt like swimming today but I put on some swimming trunks anyway, if there is a emergency. And also a shirt to prevent a sunburn. As I heard my name got screamed infront of my cabin I quickly grabbed my towel, put on my sunglasses and went outside.

"David! Come on! The kids are already at the lake!"
She walked fast over to the beach and I followed her.

As we arrived there, space kid already tried to run into the water. Luckly gwen could catch him soon enough, he was one of the kids that couldn't swim but the other ones didn't tried it everytime wheb they saw water.

I sighed and layed my towel down. First we reminded them of the rules at the lake again and then I went over and sat on my towel. I'm looking to the sea and make sure all kids were still there. But my mind drifted off really quickly.

Is Daniel already out of the hospital? Is he fine? Does he wanna come back here? I know we had a fight last time but... I didn't really meant it. I was just afraid I couldn't be camp counselor here anymore. He was kinda nice, besides the things he said in his song, I'm sure he didn't meant it too. I also didn't caught everything of the song. I was too distracted by his beautiful and confident smile and his cool blue eyes...

I smiled a little, thinking about his looks as I caught myself again.

Erm... b-but he isn't that great... I...

I really have to get my thoughts under control...