Chapter 3 (bouquet)

David's pov

After the kids had enough of the beach, we cleaned all our stuff up, got ourselves dressed normally again and went to the mess haul to get dinner.

Once that was over the kids went to thier tents and I went to my cabin. I was exhausted, even we didn't do that much today. The only thing I wanted to do is go into my bed cuddling up in the sheets.

Suddenly Daniel plopped up in my mind again. I blushed a little and shrugged it off.
Alright, this is getting creepy...

I sighed and walked to the bathroom to get a shower. After that I fell into my bed.

Even my body needed rest, my head didn't wanted to give it to him. I rolled around in bed, trying to fall asleep. The thought of daniel's smile was constantly there. Like it haunted me. It gave me a wierd feeling in my chest. I can't explain it
What is wrong with me?!

-Timeskip-

Despite my nightterror, I finally found some rest and was soon enough in the mess haul. I stressed a little this morning so I forgot to look in the mirror.

As I stepped into the haul, gwen greeted me with a "What the fuck?!"
Everybody was looking at me again.
"W-what?..." I stuttered out of shock.
She came up to me and whispered: "Didn't you look into a mirror this morning?"
"N-no. Why?" I tried to keep my smile up.

"Your head looks like a flower field."
"What?!" She got her make up mirror out of her pocked and gave it to me. I looked in it and oh! Dear god!
It looks like I put a bouquet of flowers into the side of my hair. Luckly, the flowers haven't appeared on my face so far. That's good right?

I gave gwen the mirror back. She put it back in her pocket.
"Come on. We'll grab some food and then talk about that."
"Alright..."
We got ourselves some of the stuff that the quartermaster made. I couldn't eat anything of it. I just poked around it with my fork.

Gwen sat infront of me. She didn't seem to be happy about the food either but at least she ate some.
"So... do you wanna see a doctor about it..." she asked me.
"Erm... I don't know..."
"It would be better I think, I could deal with the kids for a bit, while you go to town."

I thought for a little while  I stabbed my  food multiple times. I really don't like to leave the camp. Especially not for something so unpleasant as an doctors visit.
"Hm... I think I'll wait. I mean, it doesn't hurt and it looks kinda pretty."
"Are you sure?"
"Jap! It will be fine. I'm sure."

There was a heavy silence between us until I spoke up again.
"What activaty was planned for today again?"
"You forgot? Today we go on that hike you were so excited about." She said a bit annoyed.
"O-oh yeah..."

Well I hope this goes well...