Chapter 4 (stupid)

David's pov

After Gwen has eaten her breakfast, I threw mine in the trash and we got all the kids together infront of the mess haul to inform them about the days activities.

"Alright Kids! Today we're going for that hiking trip. So get yourselves ready for it!" I told them enthusiastic.
But they just sighed and showed no motivation for this. Gwen must have realized this and yelled after them:" And if you're all fast enough you get free time for the rest of the day."

That seemed to get them going because in less than 10 minutes they were all standing infront of the mess haul again, ready to go.

We all started walking into the woods, I was first and Gwen was last. So we won't loose any children... again.

After a couple minutes, I was already exhausted. The reason for that could be that I had almost nothing for breakfast, but it's worse than on other days. I hope this doesn't have anything to do with those flowers. Otherwise I really might go to a professional with that.

After a few kilometers, we all took a break. We found that lovely place at the sea. It had a fireplace and a few stones and stubs to sit on. While the kids took out thier snacks to eat, I just sat beside the lake and enjoyed the view.

I suddenly felt, observed...
But none of the campers were looking at me. It was a really weird feeling.
I sighed and looked at the lake again.
I miss Daniel...
I blushed and looked down in shock.
Why are my thoughts so strange lately? What is going on?

Could it be...

"Alright kids! Time to go back to camp!" A loud female voice interrupted my thoughts suddenly.
I, along with the other campers, stood up and started walking back to camp.

Half way back I heard a young voice beside of me. I looked down and it was max.
"Did you fell into a flower field or what is wrong with you?"
Oh god... think fast!
"Oh, you know... It's just some flowers max."
Stupid!
"Yeah. I know david. I've eyes too. But why are putting so many fucking flowers in your hair?"
"Language! And well, I can do what I want, with my hair."
"It looks stupid."
I ignored that insult and carried on.
"W-well maybe in your eyes but not in mine."
"Whatever moron."

And with that, he went back to his friends. I just avoided any conversation and walked.

Do they really look stupid?

We arrived at the camp again. Perfect for lunch. Even tho I haven't eaten anything today, I'm still not hungry. I just forced myself to eat a hole portion.

In the afternoon, we kept our promise and gave the campers some free time. I asked gwen to watch over the children for a bit. I went in my cabin and rolled up in my bed. I couldn't sleep but laying down was so relaxing right now. I hugged my pillow and nuzzled my face into it.
...
Why does Daniel always comes to my mind? It is starting to creep me out. I think this isn't normal. I should just ignore it...

After a few hours of just laying in my bed, I fell asleep anyway.