Chapter Three

Eeeps! I'm SO SO SO SO SORRY I haven't updated in FOREVER!! ): *sadness* PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE AND VOTE AND VOTE FOR WATTY AWARDS!!! MERCI!! If you vote, I shall be happy :) though I don't see how that benefits you greatly... :/ Oh well, I couldn't think of anything better. JUST VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE AND VOTE! :D Merci. :{D it is French!

{Chapter Three}

   Lily sat patiently on her front porch, her eyes scanning the street for a certain chestnut-colored haired boy. When she finally saw him, she jumped up and ran to him, her eyes alight with excitement. She had now considered him her best friend.

   "Hi Alec!" she smiled.

   "Hi yourself," he returned the greeting. "What do you want to do today?"

   Lily pondered for minute. Alec couldn't help but notice how cute she looked when she was deep in thought. Suddenly, she brightened, as if a light bulb went over her head. She walked over to the wooden gate that lead to her backyard. She lifted the small latch and pushed it open. Turning back to Alec, she beckoned him over. When both of them had settled themselves in the lush grass of her backyard, they leaned back and stared up at the puffy white clouds. They laid there in a comfortable silence, and Lily let her mind wander.

   "That one looks like a cow," she said, pointing to a cloud. Alec looked over at it.

   "And that one's a house," his finger aimed at another. Lily giggled.

   "Or a barn, for the cow!" she laughed. Alec grinned and nodded. After a few minutes of letting their imaginations run wild, Lily sighed and spread her arms out across the soft grass, enjoying the feel of it tickling her bare skin. An idea began to form in her head and she made her arms move faster and faster as well as her legs. Alec stared at her in confusion.

   "What are you doing?" he asked.

   "Making a grass angel," she answered, not noticing how silly her answer sounded. Alec let out a small chuckle and began to copy her movements. They both stood up and admired their work. One small patch of flattened grass did not look anything like an angel, but Lily didn't mind. Alec mentally sighed, disappointed that he could never make a grass angel, unless...

   "Tag! You're it!" he announced, touching her lightly. She gasped, and didn't move. Alec stopped and turned around. "What?"

   "You- you touched me," Lily whispered in awe. His hand was smooth and cold, like he had dunked his hand into a basin of ice water that wasn't wet. His eyes widened when he realized this.

   "I- I did," he murmured, studying his hand. He looked up back at her, his eyes alive, as if they were dancing. "I did it, Lily! I can touch you!"

   "You can!" she exclaimed, running over and giving him a hug. It felt like she had wrapped herself into a cool blanket, but a comforting, cool blanket. "Can you now touch other things?"

   Alec walked over and tried to pick a piece of grass. No such luck. Lily frowned in confusion.

   "Huh, you can only touch me. I wonder why," she observed, thinking. Alec seemed to panic slightly, but Lily didn't notice.

   "Uh, well, we can figure that out later," he rushed, "you're still it!"

   Laughing, Lily raced after him.

  "Want something to drink?" Lily asked when they ran back into the house, panting. "We have lemonade, milk, and grape juice,"