2

Lucy's POV

I couldn't believe it.

There is a stranger in my apartment.

I knew for a fact I wouldn't sleep last night. Especially letting in a stranger at your place and treating him as quickly as possible before any serious incidents occurred. I assume I treated the stranger rather well. Thankfully, nothing dangerous happened. I would have called the ambulance but the man seems to be fine, sleeping at the very least.

But I am definitely watching him...you will never know what a stranger will do when they wake up and might do anything suspicious.

I began to scrape off my chipped painted nail polish on my fingernails in boredom. I stared at the clock. It's only 7:19AM in the morning.

I could almost feel the bags under my eyes. My head began to nod until I rapidly whipped my head up. Attempting to fight it, I slapped both my cheeks to wake myself up. However, the man wasn't going to wake up any sooner so I suppose it was quite alright to sleep juuust for a few minutes.

As I slowly shut my eyelids to get some rest, I heard a shuffling sound coming from across the room.

I crawl towards where the man slept on the sofa. Once I saw the man conscious, I quickly hid myself and peeked to keep an eye out at the suspicious man. He made a loud groan, feeling the throb in his head after being drunk including getting beaten up. The man struggled to get up from the sofa and looked around for any people that were home.

"Hello?" he spoke up, ruffling his hair in aggravation. He mumbled something beneath his breath in a different language that I couldn't make out.

Then he stopped and immediately turned to my direction. He jumped in fright and made a girlish scream to spot my eyeball peeking out.

I quickly hid myself in the kitchen daring not to face the stranger.

Oh my goodness! What have I done? Letting in a stranger into my home! I should've left him on the rooftop. My limbs trembling in fear to face the strange man. I was too afraid to see him especially when he's awake.

"I know you're there," shouted the man. I could hear him getting up from the sofa and making his way towards this direction. "Please come out."

Quick! What should I do!

Once he got to the kitchen, I instantly grabbed a large pan and swung it to his face like a baseball bat.

The young man fell backwards and landed on the floor unconscious once again.

I gasped and dropped the pan from my fingerstips. I quickly ran to him in panic.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, sir! Sir? Are you alright?"

The man groans, which means he's still alive. I sighed in relief that I didn't kill him. Thank the heavens.

He looked at me with a pain expression. "What the hell?"

I carefully lifted him up from the floor. "I'm so sorry, sir. I didn't meant for that to happen. It was a self-defense."

The man didn't reply back and only massaged his own forehead. Wrapping his arm around my neck, I led him back onto the sofa so he could ease the pain. I sat on the floor across from the man.