Telling Ginny

Hermione had walked all the way back to Gryffindor tower with a blush and a huge smile on her face . She felt like the happiest woman in the world , and yet she did not know why . She entered the dorm that she shared with Ginny and was still smiling widely , which to her best friend looked out of place , as she only smiled or smirked , and if she did smile it was never that bright .

" what's up with you ?" Ginny asked kindly

"what do you mean ?" Hermione queried confused

"oh your bright smile , like you're on top of the world , what's happened ?" she replied thaughtfully .

"nothing ", Hermione stated as she bent down to sort out one of her books on her shelf .

"oh my merlin ! you got banged last night didnt you !" Ginny shouted .

" shh , someone might hear you , and how did you know?" Hermione replied anxiously

"oh i dont know , the massive hickie on your neck " Ginny replied .

Hermione then gasped and ran to the mirror on the inside of her wardrobe to inspect the bruise .

"so who is he ? are the two of you together?" Ginny asked excitedly

"1 i'm not gonna say , and 2 no we're staying like we were before hand , friends . " she replied as she took out her wand and did a concealment charm on herself .

" oh come on 'mione " Ginny whined .

" no , you're not gonna like who it is " Hermione replied

" i dont care who it is , i just want to know who it was that shagged my honorary sister " Ginny replied , whining again .

" fine "she breathed " you wanna know? .... it's .... Draco Malfoy " Hermione finished eventually .

Ginny gasped and then jumped up and down screaming .

"oh my Gods , Draco Malfoy is like the hotest guy in school , how'd you get a shag off him , i thaught you hated each other " Ginny then concluded

" well hate is such a strong word , i never really hated him , i just didnt like him that much , and well i could tell that he didnt want to be a death eater so i cut him some slack , and well we got sort of friendly the other day and well we had a nice conversation , and to answer your second question , we were drunk and well i kissed him " She finished finally .

"wow , what was it like ?" Ginny asked

"oh my god Ginny it was incredible , absolute heavan , and i forgot something when i left his room this morning and i overheard him telling Blaise about it and he said he really likes me " she breathed as she flopped down on her bed .

Ginny screamed again and smiled widely .

"shh would ya?" Hermione moaned looking up at her best friend

"sorry " Ginny replied apologetically .

"you know Gin , i'm going to miss all of this when i leave here Monday , but i can't wait to start working in my bookstore in Hogsmeade and i get to live above it to " Hermione sighed .

"yeah , i'm going to miss you so much 'mione , i can't believe that we only have two days left together , or atleast until my next hogsmeade trip . oh and didnt you hear ?" Ginny then asked .

"hear what Gin?" Hermione questioned , confused again as she sat up .

"Draco Malfoy is starting a potions suplies store across from your book store , so you may see him more than you think " Ginny answered sweetly

"is he living above his too ?" Hermione then asked worriedly

"yeah , but isnt this a good thing ?" Ginny queried , now the one confused .

"no Gin this isnt a good thing , i've liked him for 5 years of my life , he's the reason why i couldnt date Ron , he's the one that haunts my dreams with wishes and wants of what it would be like to be with him , he's perfection to me , whether he was on the dark side or not , and him living across from me wont help because that will make me want him more and now with this drunken sex thing , and i know they say the truth comes out when you're drunk but still , with this whole situation i'm going to want him more and now i'm thinking that there might be a chance because i heard parts of his conversation with Blaise and well i can't let myself get my hopes up just to get let down if i heard him wrong "Hermione said as she paced the room .

"oh 'mione , why didn't you ever tell anyone or even Draco that you liked him ? i could have helped you know " Ginny whispered as she gave the brunette a hug .

" i didn't want to get hurt if it got out and he didn't like me or i told him and he didn't like me " Hermione whispered .

"come on , how about we help everyone clear up to get your mind off this nonsense and we talk more about this later " Ginny asked , trying to distract her best friend .

"yeah okay " Hermione sniffed as more silent tears fell down her face .

"okay " Ginny stated as she led her out of the dorm and into the common room where they helped the others tidy up and then they walked ,with their arms looped, together down to the great hall for some overdue breakfast .

"thank you for the support Gin " Hermione whispered as she hugged her red haired friend .

"no problem 'mione , no problem" Ginny replied as she returned the hug with one of her own