3

========

'...Victor watching on from the ground as his fingers played with Nellie's wings before he placed a kiss to her temple.'

========

As the children made their way out to the lounge room to watch the Horace's dreams, they found Nellie and Victor at the back of the room; the boy with his back leant against the wall as Nellie sat in between his legs, his arms wrapped around her as her head lay on his chest. She was sound asleep, her chest rising and falling slowly; she looked peaceful. The children walked in quietly, Victor sending them a glare allowing them to know what if they woke her he'd hurt them.

They could see loud and clear that Victor liked Nellie, and she liked him back, but they knew better than to bring anything up; especially when Miss Peregrine was around. And with Nellie refusing to talk to anyone other than Victor when they were alone, they had only one option. It hurt them that she didn't talk to them anymore, they didn't understand why she had stopped she just did.

'Yours has extra marshmallows, Jake,' Millard said as he passed Jake a hot cocoa.

'Millard, put some pyjamas on,' Emma whined.

'It is too hot in here.'

'Stop moaning,' Horace spat.

'Excuse me,' Millard said before sitting down beside Emma.

It went quiet as the lights dimmed, and Horace began to project his dreams of the previous night onto the wall; Victor watching on from the ground as his fingers played with Nellie's wings before he placed a kiss to her temple. Though what he didn't know is that the girl in front of him was indeed awake and smiling softly at the feeling of his lips on her skin. She didn't open her eyes, nor did she move; she just enjoyed that moment knowing Rosie and her were going to discuss it later.

'My grandpa told me about this,' Nellie heard Jake whisper rather loudly; 'Horace projects his dreams, right?'

'He used to listen to the radio. Gets tedious when you know every word off by heart,' Emma replied just as loudly; 'He dreams about clothes mostly.'

The dream being projected to Horace meeting Jake, the boy reaching out to feel his shirt before he said; 'Delighted to meet you. Super shirt by the way.'

'When did he dream this?' Jake asked.

'Last night. Some of his dreams are prophetic. But mostly they are about clothes,' Emma informed him.

'Prophetic as in, he can see into the future?'

Emma nodded quickly before Horace's dream turned dark, an ymbryne in her human form was shown being pushed in a wheelchair by some men with pure white eyes.

'An Ymbryne. Who is she? Miss Peregrine, do you know her?' Fiona called out.

'Don't be silly. Horace was just having a bad dream. That's all,' Hugh brushed the thought away.