8

======

'...she stretched out her wing, reaching to the point where the pain began to take a hold of her...'

======

Nellie couldn't help but glare at her sister's ghost as she whispered numerous questions into her ear about Victor, who was standing right next to them. He hadn't let her hand go since they kissed, not that she minded; it felt nice. They were following Enoch who had become impatient whilst waiting for Jake and Emma to find the loop that Mr Barron had used, he had said that something didn't feel right. The Ambros twins had shaken their heads and laughed quietly at the boy, he had always been rather protective over all of the girls after Abe left.

As they reached the dining hall, Enoch paused for a moment allowing everyone to listen in to the conversation that Jake and Emma were having. Nellie didn't really care what they were talking about as she leant into Victor's side, one of his arms holding her in place as she began to whisper to Rosie; finally answering the questions she had. The younger twin had asked many things, like was Victor a good kisser and how had things played out leading up to the moment. It had caused Nel to blush furiously as Victor chuckled at them, hearing every word Rosie had said.

Though their conversation was cut when Enoch pushed the doors open with a loud bang, 'So, have we found Miss Avocet's loop on the map yet?'

Nellie smirked as Jake and Emma jumped away from each other before Jake picked up the map and walked towards them, 'It's here, but it's new, she made it earlier this year. It's my year. If we don't get out before it closes, we're stuck in January 2016.'

'Great!' Enoch chided angrily; 'So time catches up with all of us, we all die; except you. Plan?'

'Loop closes at 4:30. That means, we need to get in, rescue the Ymbrynes and get out.'

'Yeh, if we're not already dead. Miss Avocet said the machine is in the cellar of the Blackpool Tower building. That means we'll be indoors with Hollows.'

All the children turned to look at each other with scared eyes at Enoch's words, he was right; they wouldn't be able to see them which means they could die within seconds of entering the building. Nellie squeezed Victor's hand tighter, before she grabbed Rosie's hand as well.

'No, we won't. I've got a plan, but I'm going to need your help,' Jake stated as his eyes moved to look at every person in front of him.

It was hours before the ship pulled up at a pier in Blackpool, the sky was cloudy and there was no one in sight; well no one alive that was. As Nellie walked down the gangway and onto pier, there were ghosts everywhere; bad and good. There were men, women and children everywhere; some looking out at the sea while others walked together. It was as though they weren't in the middle of a war, instead it was just a normal day in Blackpool.