4

=======

  'Nellie flapped her wings, propelling them upward until they were above the house

'Nellie flapped her wings, propelling them upward until they were above the house...'

=======

Nellie flew over the town she called home, her eyes scanning over the ground as a worried look was set on her face. She had been sent to watch over Jake as he made his way back to the house. Well, she hadn't really been sent; she had asked in order to avoid Victor. He hadn't seen her this morning, not that she had wanted him too. She still had no clue what Rosie had done and she didn't really want to know. The girl knew her sister wouldn't have done anything bad; it was Victor's reaction she didn't want to see.

She shook her head and started to scan the land below in search for Jake, quickly finding him passing the pub with his head down and his feet moving across the ground quickly. Nellie flew over him, flying the slowest she had in a long time. A groan left her mouth as boredom came over her, why did normal people move so slow?

Nellie sighed and began flying faster towards home, not being bothered to watch over Jake anymore because she was never one for chores. She flew through the window out the front of the house and into the lounge, where Miss Peregrine sat nursing the injured ymbryne Emma had found last night. The girl landed in front of the woman before she sat her wings comfortably on her back and sat on the lounge across from her, letting a sigh leave her mouth as she looked at her hands.

'Did you see Jake?' Miss Peregrine asked.

'Yes, he should be here any minute,' Nellie replied.

'Victor's been looking for you all morning; he seems to think you've been avoiding him.'

'That's because I have.'

'And why's that?'

'Because, um... You know what, don't worry about it.'

The Ambros girl began to stand before she paused as Miss Peregrine spoke, 'Sit down Nellie and tell me what's going on.'

With a sigh she sat, 'Rosie did something last night and I'm not entirely sure what, but it had something to do with confessing my love to Victor. I told her I wasn't ready to do that yet but she ignored me, so yes I've been avoiding Victor because I don't know how he's going to react.'

'Do you love Victor?'

'Yes.'

'Well, what are you worried about?'

'Losing him because I told him.'

'I will tell you this right now young lady,' Miss Peregrine stated before she stood; 'If he truly doesn't love you, then don't force him too. But I see the connection between you too, and whether or not he admits you liking you now or later; it will happen. I can see it.'