10

======

  '...after she had stretched her other wing out and began to wrap the bandage around her; securing her broken wing to her back.'

======

Nellie stood from where she sat on the step outside the Ghost Train as she saw Emma, Victor, Jake and Enoch walking towards them; her eyes scanned them over for any injury but quickly came up with none. The girl sighed when she saw the heartbreak on Emma's face, knowing that it was time to leave Jake behind so he could grow here in his century while they continued to live on in theirs.

'We need to go. The loop is closing,' Rosie said softly as she too noticed the look on Emma's face.

'Yeah. Those of us who are leaving,' Emma mumbled from where she stood.

The Ambros twins shared a look before Nellie looked up at Victor who was standing behind her, shaking her head softly as she took his hand and walked up to the back of the line as the Twins hugged the blue eyed boy. Jake looked down at them sadly as he placed a hand on each of their backs, before they walked off into the loop. Bronwyn and Claire took a step forward looking up at the boy with an arm wrapped around each other, before they looked away and entered the loop.

Hugh patted Jake's back as he placed a hand on his shoulder, before Fiona nodded sadly up at him and walked away with her bee covered best friend. Horace shook his hand politely, and Millard hugged him tight; both walking through the loop directly after. Jake's expression only seemed to get sadder and sadder with each child, Olive hugging him tight before waiting on the deck for her boyfriend as he shook the boy's hand. It was then Nellie took a step forward with Rosie, the pair hugging him tight as he placed an arm around each of them.

As they released him Nellie spoke, 'Thank you for everything Jake, without you I would've lost my whole family. That is a debt I'll never be able to repay.'

'Thank you for saving my sister, this is not a afterlife I want for her when she has so much to live for,' Rosie smiled softly before she grabs her sister's hand and moved them onto the deck.

Nellie smiles as Victor shakes Jake's hand and walks up to stand with them, the girl paused for a moment longer before she followed after her two favourite people in the world. Though as she went to pass through the loop, she looked back over her shoulder and stepped through but didn't go all the way out knowing Emma was going to need a hug after she finished talking to Jake.

'You guys go on, I'll be out in a moment,' She told Rosie and Victor who nodded in reply.

Nellie stood in the light so she wouldn't scare Emma when she came through and waited silently, her eyes never leave the hall in front of her. On the other side of the loop, Emma stepped in front of Jake; making no move to hug him or touch him. She looked up at him and smiled sadly, before looking away in the fear that she might cry.