Chapter Thirty-One

Shawn Mendes.
Taking the gun from her temple, i shook my head as i scoffed at them.

"Helping her? Do you actually think i would fall for that?" i laughed, the anger slowly bubbling further

"We were. We heard she was paralyzed, and even though we don't want anything to do with her, we felt bad. So we came and tried to help, it was working before you came in," Melody's father stood from his chair, his height running just below my own, an intimidating advantage to myself, but he didn't seem the smallest bit shaken.

"What did you do?" i spat, eyeing him while i tightened the grip on my gun, making sure to scan him for any sort of foul play

"We injected her with-" i cut him off by connecting my fist with the left side of his face

"You injected her?!" i bellowed, my veins flowing with hatred for both of the people in front of me

"Yes you bastard, but it's not life threatening or anything, she's perfectly safe," his wife was up consoling his jaw, shooting me looks of hatred every ten seconds, which made me chuckle i'm not going to lie

"I swear if you're lying to me," i threatened, getting closer to his face, "I will tear you limb from limb and send your insides to your 'special association'," my voice was quiet but my tone was evident. I meant what i said. "I haven't forgotten what you did to my parents, and just because i'm in love with your daughter, doesn't mean i'm letting you off the hook. Watch your back."

Nodding, they packed up their bags and left, not saying a word, but their faces showing their frightened emotions.

Sitting down in the chair beside Melody, i grabbed her hand and placed a small kiss to her knuckles. Noticing her limp figure, my heart pumped with pain as i scanned her body. Burns and scratches paralleled on both arms and legs, her face bruised and cut. The oxygen mask over her nose and mouth made it difficult to determine what else had happened, but it wouldn't change the fact that all of this was my fault.

If she'd never met me, if i hadn't of injected myself into her life, like a never ending virus, maybe she'd still be healthy, and safe.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry this happened. I'm sorry you met me and i'm sorry that this is all my fault. When you wake up, i want you to be happy, but i know that's not going to be possible if i'm around you every moment of the day. You're eventually going to get sick of me and i don't want that to happen. I want us to work, I really do, but i don't know if i can't stand around here anymore, on edge, scared that the next moment you have with me could be your last.

"I want you to have the best life possible, but now because of me, your life is even worse than before. If you died because of me, i would die with you, because even though i don't want to believe it, you keep me sane. When i'm around you, all my worry melts away, and i know we've only known each other for a number of months, i feel like i've known you my whole life. And i don't want you to leave me, but i'm afraid that if you stay, something worse will happen. And i know you're stubborn so you won't leave me, but ill have to make it easier for you, i have to let you go, because if i don't." my voice croaked, a small tear falling down my cheek, "You won't get the chance to live your life to the fullest."

My heart began to hurt as i took my hand away from hers and put it into my pocket. I don't want to be the selfish boyfriend, who keeps his girlfriend around so he can come home from a days work just to see a familiar face. I've ruined her life ever since I stepped foot into it. Now it's time to let her be happy, without me.

Taking a breath, i took one last look at her beautiful features. Bending down, i moved the oxygen mask for a small second to place a kiss on her cold lips, a kiss ill remember forever. Placing the mask back onto her face, I turned my back and walked out. Refusing to look back at her or id just run back. This is what's best for her, for me. It's better this way, isn't it?

Closing the door, I walked down the hallway and out of the main entrance, my heart pounding with pain at every step. The rain seeped through my clothes and dripped from my hair, splashing along the pavement as i walked to my car. Unlocking the vehicle, I stood outside for a moment, my head leaning against the cold, metal surface. My thoughts were spinning around like a storm. Did I do the right thing or have i doomed myself?

Opening the door i slopped in effortlessly before closing it again and putting the keys into the ignition. Sitting there for a while, letting the rain fall, i thought about how i was going to live my life without her. How difficult it was going to be waking up without her, knowing i was the reason she won't be able to get out of bed anymore without somebody helping her, knowing i ruined her life.

Turning the key, i started the engine and rolled out of the car park, my thoughts eating through my brain, wrecking my mind, infecting my stance.

What have I done?

---
THIS CHAPTER IS SO SAD IM SORRY